Hey everyone,
I just got a GR Yaris Gen 2 (2025) and I’m thinking about upgrading the exhaust. First time messing around with mods so sorry in advance if I’m asking anything obvious
I use the car for daily driving, mostly on twisty roads down in southern Spain. I’m not chasing big performance numbers – mostly I just want much better sound. Something that makes it more fun to drive. Power gains are a nice bonus, but not the main goal.
I’m not worried about legality or ITV since the first inspection is only in 4 years. I plan to swap everything back to stock before then anyway. I’d also really prefer to avoid ECU remaps or anything that could risk the warranty.
Ideally, I’d like to get a valved system so I can keep it quiet around the neighborhood and open it up on the fun roads. Is there anything like that available yet for the Gen 2?
If yes, I’d appreciate any recommendations on which system to go for, and which parts are worth changing – OPF, cat, downpipe, muffler, etc.
If nothing valved exists yet, I’m open to suggestions for something that sounds great but isn’t too loud or annoying for daily use. Maybe something like the Akrapovič Slip-On?
Basically just looking for a setup that sounds good, feels good, and won’t wreck the daily driving experience. Any advice on brands, parts, or what’s safe for the warranty would be really helpful.
Thanks!
I just got a GR Yaris Gen 2 (2025) and I’m thinking about upgrading the exhaust. First time messing around with mods so sorry in advance if I’m asking anything obvious
I use the car for daily driving, mostly on twisty roads down in southern Spain. I’m not chasing big performance numbers – mostly I just want much better sound. Something that makes it more fun to drive. Power gains are a nice bonus, but not the main goal.
I’m not worried about legality or ITV since the first inspection is only in 4 years. I plan to swap everything back to stock before then anyway. I’d also really prefer to avoid ECU remaps or anything that could risk the warranty.
Ideally, I’d like to get a valved system so I can keep it quiet around the neighborhood and open it up on the fun roads. Is there anything like that available yet for the Gen 2?
If yes, I’d appreciate any recommendations on which system to go for, and which parts are worth changing – OPF, cat, downpipe, muffler, etc.
If nothing valved exists yet, I’m open to suggestions for something that sounds great but isn’t too loud or annoying for daily use. Maybe something like the Akrapovič Slip-On?
Basically just looking for a setup that sounds good, feels good, and won’t wreck the daily driving experience. Any advice on brands, parts, or what’s safe for the warranty would be really helpful.
Thanks!
