Event Japfest 2024 - 7th April 2024 - Silverstone Circuit

Embarrassing - no one turned up
IMG_1361.jpeg
 
It was great to see you all today. We all looked a little ‘wind swept and interesting’ by the end, but it well worth it.

Thank you @RumbleandSway for getting in early and helping us out. It’s appreciated.

See you all again soon! Naomi aka ’Mrs Gr Admin’ x
 
Home now.

Things I liked:
Catching up with excellent people @GR-Admin , @Grblue86 , @bf1_irl , @Ace , @Nick , @sim61 , @JR286 . Meeting new people including @chopper602 and @Initial-G .
Wide range of cars and plenty of stalls etc. to look at.
It didn't rain (much).
Generally good vibe all round.

Things I didn't like:
The queue to get in - bladder challenging.
The bloody wind!
Seven pounds - SEVEN POUNDS!! - for the world's most bang average bacon cob.

Things I really liked:
The fantastic GR-ZOO organisation and presence.

The haul of freebies!

View attachment 26731

View attachment 26732

Wish I'd had the chance to meet more attendees but rest assured I had a good and appreciative look at all your cars!

Looking forward to the next event, wherever/whenever it may be.

Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant trip home.
It was my first Zoo event at Japfest today. Fabulous to see so many super GRs all together! Thanks for organising - and to everyone I met for making me and my wife feel welcome.
 
Also home after a impromptu shopping stop to buy new pillows and some other homeware essentials. Lucky we brought the big car I joked in the shop!

I echo everyone else, many thanks to the GR-ZOO team!

View attachment 26736

View attachment 26735

View attachment 26734

Looks like a great turn out and given the questionable weather all the more impressive an achievement. I’ll have to get myself along to some more meets this year now the weather will hopefully become a bit more consistent. 🤞🏻
 
Had an absolutely fab time at Japfest and the social the day before is always an event in itself which was slightly shortened by the traveller situation! But nevermind we still had a good time. That bloody wind. But I know this so was well dressed and prepared and it was no problem really. Was great to catch up with everyone. Sorry If I missed you. I have been talked into upgrading my Yaris into a GR86 which is i think very much more me. Email already fired off to RRG, so we shall see! I entirely blame Chris and Ross! :ROFLMAO: Thanks for being so welcoming to my friend Jo. She really enjoyed it and may well be back next year and is up for coming to other events. :)
 
We travelled down the day before ,,and arived just in time, great to see so meny G R s in one place , too windy for bonnet up, but no.1 sons G.R Yaris got spotted in reddit adoremotors section ..of course dad photo bomb his photo.
It's what dad's do.
Screenshot_20240408_082021_Reddit.webp
 
So were the Travellers staying at the hotel or camped out in the car parks? My Dad lives a few miles outside MK and there are a couple of established sites nearby.
Did anyone get asked if “Yawanna bouy ah Dug?” 🐶 😆
 
So were the Travellers staying at the hotel or camped out in the car parks? My Dad lives a few miles outside MK and there are a couple of established sites nearby.
Did anyone get asked if “Yawanna bouy ah Dug?” 🐶 😆

Their was an interesting demographic in town due to the Bare Knuckle Fighting event that was in town on Saturday night. 👊 🤕 🍺

 
Many thanks to all that made the effort to support the forum and Japfest over the weekend.

Despite the gusty weather it was a great day, with a superb turn-out of Yaris, 86 & Supra for GR-Zoo. We had 60 cars on the day, with a handful who couldn't attend (it happens and their is always next year ;) ).

Thanks to @911sse @Adam69 @chopper602 for putting the miles in to attend and to @RumbleandSway for your GR Zoo positivity and early-bird setup and @FaithlessEmo who will no doubt include us in his next YouTube video.

Also a big thanks to @Sticky for the official GR Zoo & Japfest sticker and to @EBC Brakes for help with the freebies.

We have a small number of Japfest stickers available, so if anyone would like one who couldn't attend or didn't collect their freebies on the day then send me a message and we'll sort something out - all we ask is you cover the postage.
 
Enjoyed Japfest yesterday with some family, surprised by the scale of it.
Checked out the GR-ZOO stand which was looking fantastic. Happy to have finally seen all the colours in person.

I was in special display after some ticket mixups but happy with all the room.
PXL_20240407_110613116.MP~2.jpg

Surprised to only see one other in Grey
 
I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to the admin, and anyone who helped! It was a massive turn out of 62 cars which I think is amazing!

62 car on the stand!!!!!!

Well run, thank you for the goodie bags too! Love the sticker and air freshener! Little things that make you feel special!

👏
 
Back
Top