GR86 Have you had the call?

Have you had the call?


  • Total voters
    95
Toyota should be running a comedy club. Your 11:22 order July delivery, my 11:21 order late 2023/early 2024 🤣🤣
Had my call yesterday afternoon also. Nice guy. Not his fault I guess. One useful point of note - they will honour the PCP deal even though it will be next year that I take delivery.

My order was 11:21.....the nice man said 'sometime in 2023'. Meh. I didn't have the energy to put up a fight, think I've spent too much time reading posts on here
 
Toyota should be running a comedy club. Your 11:22 order July delivery, my 11:21 order late 2023/early 2024 🤣🤣
Haha , it's obvious by the posts on here that any guess of a delivery date is just that though!
He was a down to earth nice chap and easy to talk to.
I'm just happy to have confirmation of an order by an actual person!
 
5A377619-D09E-4540-8337-A364C172B2FA.webp
 
Oof 😔 what time was your confirmation letter?
Not so much about the time, more about the date! Order placed on 20 April at around (from memory) 10.30am but the confirmation letter was not received until 4 June. Although, this was because my Toyota account had locked me out and it took me far too long to sort as Toyota wasn’t responding to my emails or calls. I have a GR Yaris [supposed to be] early 2023 so, if my plan works, I’ll have it for 6 months and move it on ready for the GR86. I have VRN GR04 CUP to put on it. If the GR86 was sooner, I was going to cancel the GRY so it’s not all bad news for me.
 
Not so much about the time, more about the date! Order placed on 20 April at around (from memory) 10.30am but the confirmation letter was not received until 4 June. Although, this was because my Toyota account had locked me out and it took me far too long to sort as Toyota wasn’t responding to my emails or calls. I have a GR Yaris [supposed to be] early 2023 so, if my plan works, I’ll have it for 6 months and move it on ready for the GR86. I have VRN GR04 CUP to put on it. If the GR86 was sooner, I was going to cancel the GRY so it’s not all bad news for me.
My confirmation came through around 10:44, so I may be looking at a similar time frame to you 😔 when I spoke to Toyota (regarding colour changing, which they couldn't do, but they did my 'call' while I was on the line) they never told me an ETA despite me asking 😬
 
My phone rang in another room and immediately thought "that's TUK!" got to the phone and it was Florida number and it said "suspected spam", arse!

Phone rang again a few hours later and this time it was actually TUK :D Went through the usual stuff that most other people have been through, went through the finance option (initially bought via cash option) so he has noted on the system that I have "applied" for finance (haven't actually as no credit check done) and locked in the finance offer. Requested non drilled plates etc and asked if Smart Water marking on the catalyst is still an option that he will try and look into.

The important bit, delivery, unsurprisingly that's uncertain but likely to be 2023 and when pushed, first half or second half, it was second. Order time was 10.3x.

Will be rummaging in the classifieds soon to find a beater for 12 months as a stop gap.
 
Apparently I missed my call from TUK today according to the email I received , my phone appears to disagree though as I’ve had no missed calls recorded and had my phone with me all day 🤷‍♂️.
 
Apparently I missed my call from TUK today according to the email I received , my phone appears to disagree though as I’ve had no missed calls recorded and had my phone with me all day 🤷‍♂️.
Outrageous - don't they know who you are??
 
My phone rang in another room and immediately thought "that's TUK!" got to the phone and it was Florida number and it said "suspected spam", arse!

Phone rang again a few hours later and this time it was actually TUK :D Went through the usual stuff that most other people have been through, went through the finance option (initially bought via cash option) so he has noted on the system that I have "applied" for finance (haven't actually as no credit check done) and locked in the finance offer. Requested non drilled plates etc and asked if Smart Water marking on the catalyst is still an option that he will try and look into.

The important bit, delivery, unsurprisingly that's uncertain but likely to be 2023 and when pushed, first half or second half, it was second. Order time was 10.3x.

Will be rummaging in the classifieds soon to find a beater for 12 months as a stop gap.
What price level do you call a beater?
 
What price level do you call a beater?
Dunno yet :LOL: You know what man maths and budget creep is like? You start at a price around the same as a mid level smart phone and hope to get something with 6 months+ MOT that could be weighed in for what you bought it for if it fails the next MOT badly. Then you see something a bit more interesting for just a couple of hundred more, which gives you an idea that actually a few hundred more and you could have something quite sporty but will be absolutely knackered which means if you add another £500 you can have the same sporty car but in much better condition but if you are doing that you might as well go for the even better contemporary competitor sporty car which is only another £1000. So before you know it we are at about £5k and looking at needy German stuff with huge bork potential.

So you sleep on it, realise it's a stupid idea and go back to looking for scrapyard fodder and repeat.
 
Back
Top