GR Yaris Has your grille broken for no good bloody reason?

Has your grille broken for no good bloody reason?

  • Yes

    Votes: 7 14.6%
  • No

    Votes: 41 85.4%

  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
Remove the bumper and on the rear of the grille sections, apply a black silicone bead to reinforce and add some mass and flexibility to the plastic.
I was thinking that similar could be achieved just by ppf or wrapping the grill and re-cutting the holes so the grill still does its job.
 
If Toyota can't help warranty-wise and this happened to me I'd see it as a chance to try something down the custom route... :unsure: It would be nice to be different and stand out then! :love: :cool:
 
Unexpectedly Popped into my local dealer today, due to road closure diversion, they had two used GRY on site, with this thread in mind I had a little prod about with the Grilles, have to agree they do seem quite feeble.
They also to the touch and visually seemed quite a cheap piece of plastic, certainly not worth the cost to replace anyway…. Which got me thinking, would these be another cheap ass uk market only sourced part and are the Japan1st edition Satin Matt grilles better quality.
I know of a few Japan Golf club brands that manufacture the same model of club heads in other country’s to differing quality, usually the Japanese market get the best quality components.
Could be the same here.
 
Unexpectedly Popped into my local dealer today, due to road closure diversion, they had two used GRY on site, with this thread in mind I had a little prod about with the Grilles, have to agree they do seem quite feeble.
They also to the touch and visually seemed quite a cheap piece of plastic, certainly not worth the cost to replace anyway…. Which got me thinking, would these be another cheap ass uk market only sourced part and are the Japan1st edition Satin Matt grilles better quality.
I know of a few Japan Golf club brands that manufacture the same model of club heads in other country’s to differing quality, usually the Japanese market get the best quality components.
Could be the same here.
Dunno but they have to be ordered from Japan
 
I was sure that someone was making a replacement / stronger grille werent they? it wasnt cheap IIRC, but im sure that it was available.
 
I was sure that someone was making a replacement / stronger grille werent they? it wasnt cheap IIRC, but im sure that it was available.
Not seen anything yet apart from those Zunsport covers, but I’m all ears!
 
The more I look at Zunsport the less I am bothered by it. But then again mine is black so it all blends in nicely.
 
I checked mine today after reading this thread, as I heard some concerning noises from the front of debris hitting the front of my car this week. Luckily no damage, but I am concerned about intercooler damage so will source some type of mesh to reduce the chance of anything happening and also upgrade the horn whilst I have the bumper off.
 
Looking at flea bay for some mesh alloy black, anyone any experience? most rolls are 40cmx33cm I haven't measured yet but surely that should be big enough to cover the intercooler and grill. Any suggestions because it's difficult to judge from the images.
 
Complete front grill £306 + p&p at GT4 Play.

Gives you an idea on the part cost from a specialist.
Yes mines undamaged at present 🤞looking at putting some mesh, two fold one to reduce the chance of damage to the intercooler and two to give the plastic grill a little re-enforcement.
 
Complete front grill £306 + p&p at GT4 Play.

Gives you an idea on the part cost from a specialist.

That's close to the dealer price tbf
Thing is the most of the replacement cost isn't the grille itself, it's the labour (bumper removal, radar adjustment etc)
 
Am new to here after defecting from gr-…..co.uk. webshyte.
This is a much better place to be tbh.
Mines still on order JW….
Worried about this as am in le south west an most of my driving is on shiddy B roads littered with branches/flotsum/jetsum. Might pop into dealers an have shuffdee. Knowing my luck it’ll be bust within a week of ownership. Roll on sept/oct!
 
I've done 7.5k miles, largely on b-roads, and other then the grille being cracked after smashing into a badger, there's no other damage to mine.

Also, I can't see it when I'm driving, so it all looks fine to me.
 
Luck of the drawer it could happen on your first drive, or 30K into ownership, my concerns are two fold, damage to the intercooler and damage to the plastic honeycomb grill. I have seen some put a finer material behind the plastic but that still leaved the grill vulnerable.
 
Am new to here after defecting from gr-…..co.uk. webshyte.
This is a much better place to be tbh.
Mines still on order JW….
Worried about this as am in le south west an most of my driving is on shiddy B roads littered with branches/flotsum/jetsum. Might pop into dealers an have shuffdee. Knowing my luck it’ll be bust within a week of ownership. Roll on sept/oct!
Welcome.
Most of my driving is on the south west B roads of Dartmoor and surrounding areas and agree they are littered plus you need to be sharp eyed to avoid the craters and crevices!
I have no grill damage yet but only a month into ownership but I am considering some extra protection, more for the intercooler even if it’s the Zunsport lower grill for £135 as you can easily remove it for going to shows if needed.
Like Kinboshi said you can’t see it when driving anyway.
I absolutely love the little car so far and even if I did have a breakage it wouldn’t deter me.
 
I like the look of the upper Zunsport grill only. The long skinny strip part. That would hide Lauren's damage nicely if she wanted to purchase that part on its own... :unsure: :cool: (y)
 
I like the look of the upper Zunsport grill only. The long skinny strip part. That would hide Lauren's damage nicely if she wanted to purchase that part on its own... :unsure: :cool: (y)
That upper grill would be just under £90 with discount code.
 
Yes mines undamaged at present 🤞looking at putting some mesh, two fold one to reduce the chance of damage to the intercooler and two to give the plastic grill a little re-enforcement.
Hey, if it helps, I used two of these with some left over to protect behind mine:

AUTOSTYLE TG1253Z Race mesh aluminum black - diamond design 16x8mm - 125x25cm
Amazon product ASIN B005BP79ZS
77B125AF-F42C-48C4-BEE2-8D25633E36DF.jpeg

A5814545-3F6A-41B8-98D1-EE38C1958D5A.jpeg

B1EAB921-4C50-4D49-AF78-7FABDC3753C0.jpeg
 
Back
Top