Gran Turismo

Are you using a wheel? They're much easier with a wheel. I know previous games, you could increase the brake pressure which made the earlier braking ones a doddle to get gold rather than the exact timing you need with the controller
No, always the joypad for me.
 
I'm using a controller, I bought a wheel and sent it back after realising I didn't really have anywhere to put it 🤦‍♂️I've only spent a couple of hours on the game so far so not stuck or anything..yet. I feel there used to be more than one way to get gold e.g. by taking a different line or braking at a different place, whereas it seems there's only one way of doing things on some tests. I should caveat this by saying (like my real-world driving) I'm impatient/a little reckless/inconsistent so it could just be a lack of talent :LOL:

Have to say, I'm loving the brake pedal feedback on the PS5 controller:cool:
 
A9, silver only 😕

Did repaint the gift car though.

FEF50B39-8528-4068-94B4-DD75AF35DF4A.webp
 
Played for a good few hours earlier, on probably the nicest day of the year weather wise. :oops:

Happy with the game, but too many tips and unnecessary menus for me. I appreciate it may be useful for some, but listening to Sarah, Rupert et al does nothing for me. Not a great fan of the menus where you can't shortcut to obvious places and not a fan of being told what to do before areas are unlocked. :mad:

I've only bought the 1 car, a Toyota Aqua all my others so far are free so I'll see how far I can get into the game without buying any more.

I've dabbled a little with the Menu Books, just to see but spent most of my time on the licences - where I'm currently on the S3 of S4 and won't move on until I get Gold - currently on the Castrol Supra Tokyo one.

Will play more if I get chance, but I agree with some other comments that so far it's GT Sport with more depth, but not so much in visual detail for me playing on a PS4.

Forgot to say, no GR Yaris yet. :(
 
Hairpin at Suzuka in the NSX Type R - retired after doing another 10 last night, so on to the final 20. :D
I spent an hour on that to get gold

Turn off counyersteer assist and I got it 2nd try after that
 
Got all golds on national B and A

Not going to bother trying on the next ones wasted far too much time for a bloody Subaru BRZ….
 
Got all golds on national B and A

Not going to bother trying on the next ones wasted far too much time for a bloody Subaru BRZ….
I'm too far in to stop, only 5 more to do. 🕹️
 
Are people doing the NSX manual or auto. It's much easier in manual as you can drop it I to 1st to stop it bogging down. I got 16.8
 
I'm too far in to stop, only 5 more to do. 🕹️
Ps5 hung after doing the last 4 national A gold and the first few blue ones at silver and didn’t save so was up til 2:30 to redo them! Couldn’t bloody believe it
 
I have my Super licence - 49 Gold, 1 bronze currently (s10) and the last I suspect will take a long time on a PS4 joypad to beat the gold time.

Anyone got gold on S10, if so I take my hat off to you. 👋🎩
 
Gold on all licences so far, can’t remember the names of them, but about halfway through the penultimate one.
The BMW Batmobile one is a bit of a bugger to find the right lines.
 
Golds on everything bar S10, only managed to make it round the track once, 5 seconds off. Gave up as I really was not enjoying it. Couple of my mates have done it, suspect it'd be much easier with a wheel
 
Glad it's not just me - seems to be plenty of people commenting about the difficulty of S10. :ROFLMAO:

I'll have another go, but will probably work myself more into the main game and then come back to it.

For those not familiar, you are driving a Porsche 917 on slicks around Spa on a wet but drying track and it's another level to all the other licence tests.
 
Really enjoying this game so far, looks great on the PS5 on an LG oled.
The last time I played any Gran Turismo was the original on the original PlayStation, things have moved on a bit since then!
been mostly on F1 and WRC for about the last 7 years so this is a refreshing change.
 
On ps5 who is using the thumb sticks Vs the motion control?
I didn’t know that was an option, didn’t RTFM. I will have to investigate…
 
Back
Top