GR86 GR86 - The “I’m thinking of cancelling / did cancel my order” thread

Did you see the Japanese video I shared? good footage of actual cars..
I'd watched it 5 times before you posted it :)

My favourite is the Electric Blue, although I appreciate it draws some attention. But out of those available, the black and red aren't for me, but there's still 4 I'm undecided on:

Sapphire Blue - possibly the hardest of the 4 to keep clean, but the only one with colour, and the world needs more colour. I like it.
White - in the video you mention, I think the white looks great. I like the contrast. But I think it stands up better in dryer climates, not sure it's so good through our winters (and it'll be my daily).
Grey - They hide the dirt well. I think they look really classy when clean, but although they hide the dirt well, I'm not sure they look so good unless they're shining. They remind me of Porsche's and the like, which often seem to be in a similar colour.
Silver - Stands up well to less frequent washing and has nice contrast with the black. The main negative for me is how common silver cars are, so the online pics of it don't feel that special.

But as I said, I've not seen a single one IRL. There's an electric blue at the local dealer which doesn't help much, other than to make me feel bad. Although to be fair, I already feel quite rubbish.
 
I'd watched it 5 times before you posted it :)

My favourite is the Electric Blue, although I appreciate it draws some attention. But out of those available, the black and red aren't for me, but there's still 4 I'm undecided on:

Sapphire Blue - possibly the hardest of the 4 to keep clean, but the only one with colour, and the world needs more colour. I like it.
White - in the video you mention, I think the white looks great. I like the contrast. But I think it stands up better in dryer climates, not sure it's so good through our winters (and it'll be my daily).
Grey - They hide the dirt well. I think they look really classy when clean, but although they hide the dirt well, I'm not sure they look so good unless they're shining. They remind me of Porsche's and the like, which often seem to be in a similar colour.
Silver - Stands up well to less frequent washing and has nice contrast with the black. The main negative for me is how common silver cars are, so the online pics of it don't feel that special.

But as I said, I've not seen a single one IRL. There's an electric blue at the local dealer which doesn't help much, other than to make me feel bad. Although to be fair, I already feel quite rubbish.

The electric blue is unavailable unfortunately. The silver looks great in the flesh and a great contrast to the black. And it does look really clean for a really long time.
 
I found that my Electric Blue (💙) seemed to fly under the radar - I didn't see many people craning their necks rounds with their months gaping open... maybe I should have arrived more often around the bends sideways, and in a cloud of tyre smoke? 🤔
 
A radio controlled car for £30k :)
Pretty cool looking with the steelies and Japanese size plates ready!

IMG_0859.jpeg
 
Convince me I shouldn’t cancel my order (grey) and wait for a silver one to come up on Autotrader for £30k…
 
Convince me I shouldn’t cancel my order (grey) and wait for a silver one to come up on Autotrader for £30k…

Silver is the best colour. I think it will happen at some point. Maybe when the dealer demos hit the market at the end of the year. But hopefully the prices will stabilise next year.
 
Convince me I shouldn’t cancel my order (grey) and wait for a silver one to come up on Autotrader for £30k…

It depends how you feel about the two colours. Obviously you prefer Silver, but do you still like the Grey?

The only way you'll get a Silver for £30k, is after it's done a chunk of miles. The car is basically sold out, and they will never be selling them again.
 
Convince me I shouldn’t cancel my order (grey) and wait for a silver one to come up on Autotrader for £30k…
Grey looks great too. There's some great photos of properly shined up greys on this site.

The best thing about the GR86 is the drive. When you are on a quiet road, revving out that wonderful engine and marvelling at the ride and handling balance, great gearshift, and overall feel of the car, you won't care if the car is Barbie Pink.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I respectfully recommend you keep your grey order in.

(y)
 
Grey looks great too. There's some great photos of properly shined up greys on this site.

I agree. I've downloaded loads of photos of each colour, but it's hard to judge because some photos are too flat, while others have had their contrast turned to max, and everything in the photo looks weird. But the grey does look nice when it's clean.

How many of the colours have you seen IRL Fox?


The best thing about the GR86 is the drive. When you are on a quiet road, revving out that wonderful engine and marvelling at the ride and handling balance, great gearshift, and overall feel of the car, you won't care if the car is Barbie Pink.

While I believe you about the drive, a large part of me choosing the GR86 is the looks - I think it looks amazing. Not that I've ever seen one :ROFLMAO:
 
How many of the colours have you seen IRL?
As well as my own silver (of course), I've seen red (the famous and now-for-sale Zebedee), black (the demo I test drove), and grey (a fellow customer's car at my local dealer).

They all looked great. I was most surprised by how good the black looked.

I honestly don't think there's a bad colour for the GR86.
 
As well as my own silver (of course), I've seen red (the famous and now-for-sale Zebedee), black (the demo I test drove), and grey (a fellow customer's car at my local dealer).

They all looked great. I was most surprised by how good the black looked.

I honestly don't think there's a bad colour for the GR86.

I also think they look a lot different in the flesh.

Black cars are beautiful when clean but hard to maintain. For me silver is the easiest colour to keep presentable for a long time.
 
Convince me I shouldn’t cancel my order (grey) and wait for a silver one to come up on Autotrader for £30k…
I reckon now is probably your only chance to own a GR86 (this gen anyway) from new - that means you know exactly how it's been run in, how it's been treated and all its foibles and trolley dents!

I wanted Electric Blue originally but as it's no longer available ended up with black. I agree with @Triggaaar that it depends how you feel about the other colours. I'd probably be pretty torn if the only option hot pink but Grey is a cracking colour so I reckon you'll be alright even if it wasn't your top choice

You can't be sure how long it will take for them to hit £30k either...

👍
 
Having seen Black at the Festival of Speed, I thought it looked great. I didn't choose it as my girlfriends Ibiza is Black and one Black car to keep looking good is enough for me ;)

TBH all the colours look good, I have red on order but would be equally happy with one of the other colours white probably being my next choice.
 
Back
Top