GR86 GR86 - The “I’m thinking of cancelling / did cancel my order” thread

With regard to certain features working/not working/having to enabled by a dealer etc doesn't Carly (other manufacturers available) allow you to enable supposedly dealer only option things and the like?
 
Just push the bloody button you lazy buggers. You gotta push one to start/stop the thing anyway.
 
Good memory! I bought a 981 Cayman S. I've only had hatches/hot hatches so it feels a bit special, to me at least :)
It resonated with me at the time cos I was having similar thoughts - I had one eye on Caymans for a while. I hope you enjoy it - what a great car the Cayman is.
 
Conversation with the other half...

Me: Mrs I've just got offered the promotion!
Mrs: That's amazing!
Me: So can I keep the Supra and the GR86...
Mrs: LOL!
Me: Let me re-phrase that I'm keeping the Supra and the GR86 (asserts dominance)
Mrs: That's cute, no your not!
Me: I think you'll fin...
Mrs: How about I meet you in the middle and if the APR's come back down you can swap in for the manual Supra...

I tell you she should go into Law or HR!
 
Conversation with the other half...

Me: Mrs I've just got offered the promotion!
Mrs: That's amazing!
Me: So can I keep the Supra and the GR86...
Mrs: LOL!
Me: Let me re-phrase that I'm keeping the Supra and the GR86 (asserts dominance)
Mrs: That's cute, no your not!
Me: I think you'll fin...
Mrs: How about I meet you in the middle and if the APR's come back down you can swap in for the manual Supra...

I tell you she should go into Law or HR!
But ... Congratulations on the promotion! 🤗🤗🤗
 
Last edited:
With my car still at order processing I called into Milton Keynes Toyota this week and had a drive of the Supra Manual (only had 150 miles on the clock). Having previously owned BMW M135 and M2 it seemed very familiar, loved the sound and the grunt also made it a very special occasion type of car - it did make me smile. Although still brand new it was very quick and I enjoyed the gearbox.
As with my M2 i don't know when you can use that power other than on track. Also felt large and heavy (as per M2).
Overall i really enjoyed it but with the change in APR and the cost being over £50K i am struggling to justify - I do feel the manual will be ultra rare. I wish i knew when my 86 would arrive (10:23 order) to stop me looking - hopefully it will be like my old MK2 RX7 or MK3 MR2 both distant memories now.
IMG_1005.webp
 
With my car still at order processing I called into Milton Keynes Toyota this week and had a drive of the Supra Manual (only had 150 miles on the clock). Having previously owned BMW M135 and M2 it seemed very familiar, loved the sound and the grunt also made it a very special occasion type of car - it did make me smile. Although still brand new it was very quick and I enjoyed the gearbox.
As with my M2 i don't know when you can use that power other than on track. Also felt large and heavy (as per M2).
Overall i really enjoyed it but with the change in APR and the cost being over £50K i am struggling to justify - I do feel the manual will be ultra rare. I wish i knew when my 86 would arrive (10:23 order) to stop me looking - hopefully it will be like my old MK2 RX7 or MK3 MR2 both distant memories now.
I'd love a manual Supra but I'm more than happy with my Auto at the moment, also I'm going to be that guy that says it, I like the fact its a 2 litre and not a 3.
For me, personally, its more then enough power and I've already had a few squeaky bum moments with the 2 in the corners (must remember to turn traction off when trying to get the back end out!).

I've also put my foot down to find that I am going far faster than I wanted.
Sure I'd love it to sound like a 3 litre, but it doesn't sound bad (although it def needs a cat back).

That being said, if they ever release a 2 litre manual Supra I'll be all over it.

My dad's MK3 MR2 sadly bit the dust last week, currently on eBay partially stripped, its a sorry sight!
 
Conversation with the other half...

Me: Mrs I've just got offered the promotion!
Mrs: That's amazing!
Me: So can I keep the Supra and the GR86...
Mrs: LOL!
Me: Let me re-phrase that I'm keeping the Supra and the GR86 (asserts dominance)
Mrs: That's cute, no your not!
Me: I think you'll fin...
Mrs: How about I meet you in the middle and if the APR's come back down you can swap in for the manual Supra...

I tell you she should go into Law or HR!
Nicely done on the promotion - congratulations!

I remember a while ago you mentioned you were going for this - it seems ages ago and makes me think we should have our cars by now!
 
Conversation with the other half...

Me: Mrs I've just got offered the promotion!
Mrs: That's amazing!
Me: So can I keep the Supra and the GR86...
Mrs: LOL!
Me: Let me re-phrase that I'm keeping the Supra and the GR86 (asserts dominance)
Mrs: That's cute, no your not!
Me: I think you'll fin...
Mrs: How about I meet you in the middle and if the APR's come back down you can swap in for the manual Supra...

I tell you she should go into Law or HR!
Congrats man! My recent career change uplift will end up being spent on a bigger house rather than a better car/s sadly 😅 I really want a Starlet Glanza Turbo as a second car lately though.
 
Just requested a refund back on my Type R holding deposit.

According to the sales manager at the Honda dealership it’s coming in nearer the £50k mark.

So that’s a no from me! We had a chat about the GR86 and he said the price of them is unbelievable in the current market.
 
Insane money that! I’d rather an FD2 tbh, prices of them have only been going one way the last few years.
 
He also said they have a 2019 Type R just come in… I just looked it up £30,500 😳
I sold FK8 for more than I bought it for. Bought it just before Covid kicked off and sold it 18 months later for £2k more. It then sat on the dealers forecourt for well over a year.
 
Just requested a refund back on my Type R holding deposit.

According to the sales manager at the Honda dealership it’s coming in nearer the £50k mark.

So that’s a no from me! We had a chat about the GR86 and he said the price of them is unbelievable in the current market.
The Dealers have no idea what the price will be, its just speculation. The cars have started arriving in the US so as usual the price will be announced there first.
 
The Dealers have no idea what the price will be, its just speculation. The cars have started arriving in the US so as usual the price will be announced there first.
Agreed, I was in 2 minds whether to go ahead with the Type R anyway. Had already decided it was a no if over £40k so decided to just hold out for the GR86 instead.
 
Agreed, I was in 2 minds whether to go ahead with the Type R anyway. Had already decided it was a no if over £40k so decided to just hold out for the GR86 instead.
You should have kept your deposit on a type r. Buy the gr86 and if the type r is around £40k put what ever you make on the gr86 towards it. Probably make £4-5k on the gr86
 
Back
Top