GR86 GR86 Pickup checklist

Stardus.

Obsessed member
Joined
Mar 15, 2022
Messages
247
Reaction score
308
With the pick up date getting closer, let's get a list of things to check for the GR86 when it's time for handover

Will try to keep this updated with anything I've missed out

  • Check Rubber Plug for the frame rail (info: https://www.gr86.org/threads/rubber-plugs-under-side-sills.1584/)
  • Check transport blocks aren't still in
  • Check fluid levels
  • Tyre pressures and check if TPMS is working
  • Floor mats should be included with UK cars
  • Make sure dealer knows that it needed 98RON and above if they do fill up
  • Turn off fake engine sound if prefered
  • Check plates are stuck not drilled on, if requested
  • General interior and exterior condition, check lights, bring torch to check workwork
 
Last edited:
Good point about the plugs
  • Check transport blocks aren't still in
  • Check tyre pressures
  • Fill with super unleaded
  • Check they've not cleaned it and check for damage. May even take a headtorch to check body work quickly.
  • Check plates are stuck not drilled on.
 
I am also thinking of asking the dealer to turn off keyless entry at handover. Should be possible?
 
I am also thinking of asking the dealer to turn off keyless entry at handover. Should be possible?
Might it be possible from the onboard screen? I seem to recall doing it on my Mazda.
 
More things here:
Checklist
1. Check if mats are included
2. Check all dealer stickers are gone
3. Plates to be stuck on, rather then drilled.
4. Private plate added if have one.
5. How much petrol included and plan your petrol station route on way home for premium unleaded.
6. Double check VIN matches your paperwork - can't be too sure with all our cars being stuck in derby this long.
7. Quick lap of the car to check for paintwork scratches/dents.
8. Check lights for condensation
9. Check all internal and external lights work.
10. Check satnav works and can pair to your phone on bluetooth for the drive home.
 
My dealer sent me this, a copy of the PDI checklist, for my brothers car:

317012228_531754662147596_4084816682276845988_n.webp
 
Are spring spacers the transport blocks referenced above that doesn't have a tick next to it?
 
What would be the highest number of miles you'd expect to see on the odometer when you collect your car?
 
What would be the highest number of miles you'd expect to see on the odometer when you collect your car?
I think under 25 miles for a brand new car that's not being transported between dealerships is acceptable.
 
I’ve had 3/4 new cars in past few years and they have all been under 10 miles. I once had one that was on 50 miles but it was damaged by the transporter and I believe they took it off site to be repaired.
 
Just had my demo and they will include £30 of premium fuel, luckily the petrol station is about a mile away so less chance of the technician taking it for a 'spin'

My previous new car (from Evans H) had about 55 when driven from another dealer but I did manage to get my exact spec within a week of looking so was worth it.
 
What are people using to stick the plates on? I know a lot of you opted for plates in the trunk from the dealership, a few mentioned using double sided tape, or tape with velcro on it - can you send links to a good one?
 
Back
Top