GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Mine arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago.

No one at TUK on line seems to have a clue when its going to move to Hendy Bournemouth 🤣
 
Mine arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago.

No one at TUK on line seems to have a clue when its going to move to Hendy Bournemouth 🤣

I can better that! They lost mine/didn’t have a clue where it was for approximately a week after it landed in their care. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Historically the dealerships were the weak link in the process of buying a car but this time around I’ve found the reverse. My dealer/sales exec was spot-on but TUK/Toyota online have taken incompetence to new heights!
 
Hi
How long from build to arriving in Portbury? Mines in build atm so just trying to get a clue how long it takes on that journey....
Enjoy it when it arrives 👍
It took just a little over 3 weeks to land at Portbury and looks like will be 2 weeks to get to the dealer. I need to go and buy a hat to eat as it is going on the transporter tomorrow apparently 😆
 
Mine arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago.

No one at TUK on line seems to have a clue when its going to move to Hendy Bournemouth 🤣
My dealer sent me a screenshot from his computer showing where the car is and when it's expected to go on the transporter to them so the info is out there. I'd check with your dealer 👍
 
Decided against parking sensors, my GR Yaris doesn't have them and manage fine with just the camera.
I took a similar view - glad I didn't opt for the parking sensors. I prefer the cleaner look and have managed fine with previous cars with just a rear parking cam.

Are you planning to keep both GR cars?
 
I took a similar view - glad I didn't opt for the parking sensors. I prefer the cleaner look and have managed fine with previous cars with just a rear parking cam.

Are you planning to keep both GR cars?
For a little while but think the Yaris will have to make way in the summer unfortunately 😪. I'll be gutted to see it go but can't really justify running the two of them.
 
My Toyota app said the car was at the dealers today. On Tuesday TUK suggested it would be 7-9 days.

I asked for handover, everything sorted for 6th May, but they want to push it back to the 10th.

There’s the go slow for BH and then the King’s Coronation to consider, so I’ll go with that date.

They have to do the sensors, order the spoiler, and I‘ve sent them screen shots for the doors and window software stuff. Can only hope it all goes to plan.
 
For a little while but think the Yaris will have to make way in the summer unfortunately 😪. I'll be gutted to see it go but can't really justify running the two of them.
A shame as they're both cracking little cars. At least you can say you owned both! (y)
 
Looks like I'll be eating that hat then 😄 Car arrived at he dealers today, just under 2 weeks since landing at Portbury - so about 6 weeks since finishing build for those at that stage 👍
Screenshot_20230428_170926_Chrome.webp
 
Has anyone received the email for processing order confirmation this month

Looks like I'll be eating that hat then 😄 Car arrived at he dealers today, just under 2 weeks since landing at Portbury - so about 6 weeks since finishing build for those at that stage 👍View attachment 16227
Brilliant stuff!! 👍 Just out of curiosity what flavour hat would you have gone for? 😆
 
Autocar reporting new allocation

I think they are just making assumptions based on the email and the quote from Toyota his hardly conclusive

"Harrison said: “I am not aware of UK specifics, but it is accurate to say that we have done our best to alleviate some of the waiting lists in markets where demand has been highest.”
 
I think they are just making assumptions based on the email and the quote from Toyota his hardly conclusive

"Harrison said: “I am not aware of UK specifics, but it is accurate to say that we have done our best to alleviate some of the waiting lists in markets where demand has been highest.”
Did they ever officially confirm what the original allocation was?

According page 15 on this press release from Jan 2023, cars sold in 2022 were 180. Not sure if that means that was the allocation or how many were delivered in 2022.


“Toyota’s message that “when it’s gone, it’s gone” helped prompt unprecedented customer demand with the full UK allocation being snapped up within 90 minutes of going on sale on 20 April 2022”

Bit cheeky to say this then release a second batch IMO.

Worth a read with all the technical specifications at the bottom, including the official insurance groups MT 45 and AT 39.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top