GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

This was a genuine concern when I heard the cars were going to be so limited. That's not really what I wanted to sign up to buying a Toyota tbh.

Read this message, went out to get fuel, and have been treated to a nice crater in my own thanks to some t**t in a Mini Cooper driving on the white lines and flinging boulders at me :mad:

Hope your replacement comes soon 🤞
I have decided to advertise the car for a couple of weeks due to concerns regarding parts availability, and also whilst at the dealership I had a look around a supra 3.0 jarama edition and feel the supra would be more suited for my needs.
 
Where did they find a cancelled order from ? There’s plenty of us waiting on cars so that surely was someone’s allocation?
 
Where did they find a cancelled order from ? There’s plenty of us waiting on cars so that surely was someone’s allocation?
As far as I’m aware it was a cancelled order, my old car is away on to the press fleet so it could be they had so many allocated cars for the press fleet.
I think it’s admirable of Toyota to provide good after service and provide a new car as the windscreen is not available.
 
I've got a filled chip in my windscreen that's continuing to grow slowly. Not looking forward to the inevitable ham-fisted removal of the glass 🙃
Should get the glass ordered now, likely it will be a ship from Japan and take 6 weeks.
 
i was able to pick mine up Friday last week. I've only done about 400 km so far. can't wait to finish the break in period.

PXL_20230414_133224757~3.webp


PXL_20230414_133135659~4.webp
 
For those who have had build confirmations recently my 10.41 order left the factory 21st March and according to my dealer landed at Portbury this morning - very excited 😁
Nice, so about a months transit!
Is there a typical time from it arriving at the port to making it to the dealership?
 
For those who have had build confirmations recently my 10.41 order left the factory 21st March and according to my dealer landed at Portbury this morning - very excited 😁
Mine did the same, but 2 weeks ago.
Trying to get Toyota on line and the dealer to marry up on dates, hasn’t (as yet) born any fruit.

Me- TUK “when’s the car going to the dealer”

Ans- “May, sometime”

Me- Dealer “can you order up the spoiler, and get the sensors for paint”

Ans- “No, TUK won’t let us”

Me- TUK “can you let the dealer order these items”

Ans- “they need to order the items, it‘s not our job”

Ongoing debate, that had me going nowhere.

Is it wrong to want the car, asap, with no “you need to come back later for sensors, or spoiler”?
 
Mine did the same, but 2 weeks ago.
Trying to get Toyota on line and the dealer to marry up on dates, hasn’t (as yet) born any fruit.

Me- TUK “when’s the car going to the dealer”

Ans- “May, sometime”

Me- Dealer “can you order up the spoiler, and get the sensors for paint”

Ans- “No, TUK won’t let us”

Me- TUK “can you let the dealer order these items”

Ans- “they need to order the items, it‘s not our job”

Ongoing debate, that had me going nowhere.

Is it wrong to want the car, asap, with no “you need to come back later for sensors, or spoiler”?
Nothing wrong with that at all, can't blame you after all this time. I'm going to be sadistic and wait even longer by getting a local detailer to nab it from the dealers ASAP after arrival, before they can get their gritty mitts on the paintwork and stuff that up, aswell as the whole ordering process . Will be a longer wait until I finally get to drive it but will be worth it in the long run - hopefully 🫰
 
Such an elegant colour - congrats! Think this colour would go really nice with silver alloys.
It really is a nice colour. It was my second favourite colour, now it's maybe joint 1st with silver. I hope I don't see one in the flesh and regret my choice. 🤣🤣🤣
 
My timeline was as follows, according to the Toyota tracking website:

Ordered: Mar 09, 2022
Went into production: Jan 16, 2023
Production finished: Jan 30, 2023
Arrived at Zeebrugge: Mar 01, 2023
Delivered to the dealership: Mar 24, 2023
Picked up: Apr 14, 2023 (i don't live nearby, so probably could've picked it up a bit earlier, given the chance).
 
My car landed at Portbury last week and is currently in Derby. Dealer reckons its due to be transported up on the 27th (I'm assuming he means May - I'll eat my hat if it's tomorrow 😆). Stoneacre Toyota have been great, ordering the ducktail, mudguards and front plate holder in for me today and will do all the logistics with the detailer so she should look awesome at handover. Going for a full Gtechniq crystal serum ultra with PPF to the front bumper and full wheels, plastics, glass and interior detail and protection. Decided against parking sensors, my GR Yaris doesn't have them and manage fine with just the camera.
 
My car landed at Portbury last week and is currently in Derby. Dealer reckons its due to be transported up on the 27th (I'm assuming he means May - I'll eat my hat if it's tomorrow 😆). Stoneacre Toyota have been great, ordering the ducktail, mudguards and front plate holder in for me today and will do all the logistics with the detailer so she should look awesome at handover. Going for a full Gtechniq crystal serum ultra with PPF to the front bumper and full wheels, plastics, glass and interior detail and protection. Decided against parking sensors, my GR Yaris doesn't have them and manage fine with just the camera.
Hi
How long from build to arriving in Portbury? Mines in build atm so just trying to get a clue how long it takes on that journey....
Enjoy it when it arrives 👍
 
Back
Top