GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

My car just popped up on MyT today. I reckon them all selling in a day has created a problem or two :-)
 
2022-06-23 estimated delivery date, Black MT

edit:
I wonder if these June deliveries will arrive together with demonstrators?
 
Last edited:
found it eventually, slightly different on an apple computer..
estimated delivery to final destination 18th July 2022

wow :)
 
Same for me, also Hi. I'm pretty sure I sold you a Q300 exhaust :p haha
Yes you did, hello :D I ended up selling it on a few months later, it was still a bit loud for me...but I also had a catless header and high flow second cat at the time.
 
No call still, only in the app as processing. Got a feeling I've been missed as I was 10:07 and people had calls well past that now. My worry now it ends up being a Christmas present..
 
No call still, only in the app as processing. Got a feeling I've been missed as I was 10:07 and people had calls well past that now. My worry now it ends up being a Christmas present..
Same here, 10:09 but it’s showing in the app so can’t be all bad 🤷‍♂️
 
Grup buy?
Yup! Being setup here:

 
5th Aug - Magnetite Grey for me 🙌

The separation of delivery times is interesting here - I would have expected more units be built at the same time, rather than stopping and then re-starting the production line a week later and possibly being on sent out on a different boat. Perhaps there's only a certain amount of space reserved per boat for GR's and the rest is for mainstream stuff - Again I can't believe the benefits of that would outweigh stopping and starting a production team like that.

I suspect we might see these delivery dates converging more closely together (varying based on time from port-to-dealer) over the coming weeks.

/end wild speculation
 
It would be interesting to see how delivery dates correspond with order date/time as well to see if Toyota are really sticking to their first come first serve promise, as we've seen weird things happening with that already.
 
Does anyone know the operating times for the Gunma plant where the GR86 is made? Is it running 7 days a week or does it close for the weekend? i.e. is it worth checking MyT app for updates over the weekend🤣
 
It would be interesting to see how delivery dates correspond with order date/time as well to see if Toyota are really sticking to their first come first serve promise, as we've seen weird things happening with that already.
Mine was placed on that Saturday when the page was live before official go live. Estimated delivery date says 23 June.
 
18th July MT Grey for me in case this was missed earlier.

I think those who have questioned Toyota's delivery system need to remember they are one of the world's largest manufacturers and probably have to ship more cars over longer distances than most. They even have a harbour built next to some of their plants. They know how to get this done.
 
18th July MT Grey for me in case this was missed earlier.

I think those who have questioned Toyota's delivery system need to remember they are one of the world's largest manufacturers and probably have to ship more cars over longer distances than most. They even have a harbour built next to some of their plants. They know how to get this done.
I don't think anyone is questioning the time it takes to deliver the cars, obviously it's an enormous task and any delays in the current economic climate are to be expected.

The ordering system is under question though, as for one of the largest manufacturers the process is not very transparent, communication around the pre-orders was lacking and it now appears that some people may be getting their confirmed delivery dates earlier than those who ordered before them, but that will be validated in the coming weeks/months.
 
Back
Top