GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Having paid for my car I received this message.

"My Order​


Thank you, we have received your payment.

We are currently processing your vehicle documents which you will need to sign online.

Once these are ready we will send you an email asking you to log onto My Toyota to sign electronically.

If you have any questions, then please feel free to call us on 0344 248 0189. Our phone lines are open from 8:30am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday. Out of these hours, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] quoting ORCAxxxx in the subject line, and we will reply as soon as we can"

I called Toyota today as I had not received and was advised that I dont need to sign on line and can sign at dealer when I collect car?
Apparently car only partial regged at moment and they will do full reg on 1st
 
Having paid for my car I received this message.

"My Order​


Thank you, we have received your payment.

We are currently processing your vehicle documents which you will need to sign online.

Once these are ready we will send you an email asking you to log onto My Toyota to sign electronically.

If you have any questions, then please feel free to call us on 0344 248 0189. Our phone lines are open from 8:30am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday. Out of these hours, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] quoting ORCAxxxx in the subject line, and we will reply as soon as we can"

I called Toyota today as I had not received and was advised that I dont need to sign on line and can sign at dealer when I collect car?
Apparently car only partial regged at moment and they will do full reg on 1st
I’m going to ask if I can sign once I’ve seen the car.. I imagine that should be no problem
 
Having paid for my car I received this message.

"My Order​


Thank you, we have received your payment.

We are currently processing your vehicle documents which you will need to sign online.

Once these are ready we will send you an email asking you to log onto My Toyota to sign electronically.

If you have any questions, then please feel free to call us on 0344 248 0189. Our phone lines are open from 8:30am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday. Out of these hours, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] quoting ORCAxxxx in the subject line, and we will reply as soon as we can"

I called Toyota today as I had not received and was advised that I dont need to sign on line and can sign at dealer when I collect car?
Apparently car only partial regged at moment and they will do full reg on 1st
I had to go to the dealer to sign as the online process wouldn't work (kept failing the identity verification).
They'd already printed the documentation, so I was only there a few minutes.
I did ask to see the car but it was 'in the compound'.
I believe a 73 can't be registered prior to it being valid on September 1st.
 
I did ask to see the car but it was 'in the compound'.
I believe a 73 can't be registered prior to it being valid on September 1st.
In the compound or not, a decent salesperson would either bring it round or take you there to view it; mine drove me a couple of miles to just view their Demonstrator! As for registration, the number will probably have been ‘assigned’ and the plates made up but no ownership recoded. There is already a 73 plate in a compound near me, obviously just waiting for collection day on the 1st, so it can be done.
 
In the compound or not, a decent salesperson would either bring it round or take you there to view it; mine drove me a couple of miles to just view their Demonstrator! As for registration, the number will probably have been ‘assigned’ and the plates made up but no ownership recoded. There is already a 73 plate in a compound near me, obviously just waiting for collection day on the 1st, so it can be done.
I wasn't too bothered really - it would've still had all the transport plastics on it. They did offer to send a video once they'd done their PDI etc.
Yes, registration to the owner is what I was talking about, not the allocation of the number to the vehicle.
 
I wasn't too bothered really - it would've still had all the transport plastics on it. They did offer to send a video once they'd done their PDI etc.
Yes, registration to the owner is what I was talking about, not the allocation of the number to the vehicle.
I thought the cars got the PDI at the Burnaston site in Derby
 
Well, it's finally in transit. Not long now, soooo excited.
I'll email online team soon, any idea when can I expect to know the registration number so I can finalise insurance etc...
Any other tips advice for this part of the process?
 
Well, it's finally in transit. Not long now, soooo excited.
I'll email online team soon, any idea when can I expect to know the registration number so I can finalise insurance etc...
Any other tips advice for this part of the process?
When the car was in Derby, I told them their drive-home insurance didn't work, and in response, they provided me with the reg to arrange my own insurance.
 
You can get insurance quotes without a registration on many comparison sites as they can produce them by vehicle type. That way all it needs is a minor edit on the website come collection day and you’ll be good to go. When I collected my Pick-Up Truck I’d completely forgotten about insurance but, by the power of the internet I had it sorted within 5 minutes 🥳
 
Yeah, I've done a few quotes already. Wondered if it the amounts would vary much with an actual registration input.
 
Yeah, I've done a few quotes already. Wondered if it the amounts would vary much with an actual registration input.
Nope. Registration makes no difference. When a car is new it may not appear in the DVLA/ Insurers database for a while anyway. Sometimes with personalised registrations transfers to a new car, insurers will still have an old car’s details so you have to use the same process and select it by manufacturer, model etc.
 
Last edited:
You can obtain quotes on comparison sites without entering your registration, but not all insurance companies allow you to proceed without it. Also, for less experienced drivers (like me), the price difference is significant if you arrange insurance on the day of collection rather than three weeks before.;)
 
Cheers for the replies. My current insurer said they needed the reg before quoting. Hoping they'll be competitive if I already have one policy with them.
 
Just had the dreaded call. Car due for Friday and dealership phoned to say it’s been noted with scratches on the wing during delivery and they want to fix this and push back.

I do appreciate that these things can happen but what are my rights etc?

Can I ask what the outcome of yours was?
Sorry to hear to that, it is so disappointing and annoying.

I rejected the car and asked for a replacement. Three days later I heard from TOL to advise all cars were allocated and this wasn’t possible. My options were a refund or repair.

If they repair and you’re not happy with the repair you can still reject the car or they can do the repair again but let’s hope it never comes to that.

I’ve grudgingly gone down the repair route but to make matters worse there is a 5-6 week wait at their body shop. 🙄

Hopefully you get it sorted soon.
 
Sorry to hear to that, it is so disappointing and annoying.

I rejected the car and asked for a replacement. Three days later I heard from TOL to advise all cars were allocated and this wasn’t possible. My options were a refund or repair.

If they repair and you’re not happy with the repair you can still reject the car or they can do the repair again but let’s hope it never comes to that.

I’ve grudgingly gone down the repair route but to make matters worse there is a 5-6 week wait at their body shop. 🙄

Hopefully you get it sorted soon.

I thought there was no shortage of grey cars?

Regardless, having seen your car and the damage a little closer when the compound was open, I wouldn’t be worried about them making an arse of that sort of repair, should be easy.

I hope you get it soon, and to your satisfaction,
 
I thought there was no shortage of grey cars?

Regardless, having seen your car and the damage a little closer when the compound was open, I wouldn’t be worried about them making an arse of that sort of repair, should be easy.

I hope you get it soon, and to your satisfaction,
Yeah I went back and forth with them ‘re available colours but they advised cars were allocated one per customer and no cars were available in grey or any other colour.

I was tempted to throw the toys out the pram and just get a refund and look to pick one up second hand but decided to just persevere in the end.

Here’s hoping the repair is done right and sooner than later. 🤞
 
You would be mad to reject one of the best sports cars on the market this side of a 911 that you can no longer buy. Hope it all gets sorted for you.
 
Yeah I went back and forth with them ‘re available colours but they advised cars were allocated one per customer and no cars were available in grey or any other colour.

I was tempted to throw the toys out the pram and just get a refund and look to pick one up second hand but decided to just persevere in the end.

Here’s hoping the repair is done right and sooner than later. 🤞
Utterly gutting, but it's worth waiting for. Just make sure you inspect the repair with a fine tooth comb.

If the bonnet is dented, then I would hope that they would just replace it rather than repair it. Similar happened to me recently, I went back to the dealer to have something done, and whilst parked in their car park (I wasn't there at the time), the wing was dented by a van making a delivery to the site. As the car was so new, the bodyshop manager said that the best course of action was a brand new wing. I would assume that in your case, as the car was damaged before even being handed over, that they'd have have no resistance to just replacing the bonnet entirely...then the only thing you have to worry about is checking the paintjob.

Annoying regards the wait, but means you won't be taking delivery of a brand new car with filler on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AWB
Back
Top