GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

I wonder if Toyota Online still do the typical new car sale feedback surveys you usually get a few weeks after delivery?

I can’t imagjne they will be scoring very well from the GR86 collective.

One things for sure, this whole experience means I’m never ordering directly from Toyota again, possibly not ever anything full stop.

Amazing how wrong they have got this process compared to Tesla’s online ordering process who were super smooth throughout.
Cousin in Japan ordered a Model Y and got it delivered in less time than this has taken. Dealership couldn't do enough for him, even letting him take it home the weekend to make sure it fit in his parking space.
 
Cousin in Japan ordered a Model Y and got it delivered in less time than this has taken. Dealership couldn't do enough for him, even letting him take it home the weekend to make sure it fit in his parking space.
Oh yeah, Tesla have the direct sales model perfected.

We have a Model 3 and every step of the buying process was great. Test drive was simple, no preamble - just book an appointment, turn up, show your licence and off you go unaccompanied.

Then actually ordering was super easy - regular text updates on status of the car and delivery. Then phone call before taking delivery to ensure all admin was sorted prior to collection. Actual pick up of the car took then less than 20 minutes and off we went.

Oh and they managed to deliver us the car within 2 months - at the height of the pandemic in middle of lockdowns etc.

Toyota could sure learn a thing or 2 about the direct sales process.


And despite all the naysayers around Tesla build quality, ours has been absolutely faultless for 2 years and miles better than the German cars we’d owned previously.
 
Got a call from Toyota to say mine (rogue order) will be delivered to the dealer tomorrow and did I still want the same payment method. Email with payment info arrived shortly after. The guy did say it would be a few days before it's registered and I can collect. I requested the plates are stuck on. I'm not overly bothered but it's my first ever new car and I don't want them to make an arse of fitting them.
 
Whilst the ordering system is used for may other Toyotas, it does seem that the GR86 has been singled out to be especially poor.

Saying that, the neighbours got a new Yaris the other week and they ordered that in January so it's not just the sports car end!

The one thing that "gets my goat" is the lack of communication from Toyota GB. Can't blame the dealers as they've often known less than us. Can't blame the online phone team as they haven't been given the info probably. It's the apparent no flippin clue that Toyota GB appear to have having no proper reason to either delay boat > Derby > Customer timescales or to delay them now.

How hard would it be to organise a few car transporters, load them up with their latest halo model and get them out ASAP to what would be universal praise from customers and dealers splashing their near Evo COTY winning car all over social media.

But no - they have to dither and delay as usual.
 
I'm starting to wonder is it deliberately bad so they don't have to do online again. I've worked in places where changes are brought in, people haven't bought into it so try and sabotage it so they can carry on as they were before.
 
Feel for all of you who have been messed around so close to the finish line.

Just to try and make you feel better, he's my tale of woe with TalkTalk. Renewed my contract on a special loyalty deal in July, every month since then they have got the bill wrong. Next month will be wrong too, they have told me that, and what I need to do to put it right - phone in and amend the contract - I have been doing that every month for the last 5 months! Total time spent on the phone with this shower of assholes - 5 hours! (so far) Toyota have perfect customer service in comparison :mad:

Anyway, as you were, carry on.
 
Got there, but they couldn’t register it, so I couldn’t drive away 😕
Although it's an utter piss take at least I know I'm not the only one. Part of me was beginning to wonder if they'd just not bothered in time and "technical issues" were an excuse.
 
These things happen, I was just really happy to see the car. I got to have a sit inside and give it a little rev so that’ll keep me going until they sort the glitch tomorrow.
 
These things happen, I was just really happy to see the car. I got to have a sit inside and give it a little rev so that’ll keep me going until they sort the glitch tomorrow.
"If"

I admire you for taking this better than me though.
 
I just got an email from Toyota, looks like mine might be free! I might forgive them at that point :p

"Your GR86 has arrived! We'll be contacting you soon to arrange handover and this is where I will meet you, when you collect your car."
Same, it’s at my dealer. I’m still not completing payment till it’s ready to collect though.
 
Same, it’s at my dealer. I’m still not completing payment till it’s ready to collect though.
Any idea how the payment works? I would rather know it’s at dealer and ready to collect before parting with money for there to be more delays.

Equally I don’t want to not pay and it delays delivery
 
Any idea how the payment works? I would rather know it’s at dealer and ready to collect before parting with money for there to be more delays.

Equally I don’t want to not pay and it delays delivery
They sent me an email with a link to pay on the 23rd November. Basically it shows in My Toyota when you login. It’s just their account details and using your Orca number as reference.

I’ve ignored it and the car has updated to being delivered to my dealer today.
 
They sent me an email with a link to pay on the 23rd November. Basically it shows in My Toyota when you login. It’s just their account details and using your Orca number as reference.

I’ve ignored it and the car has updated to being delivered to my dealer today.

I paid as soon as I got mine, missed out on some premium bonds but was probably worth it since 3 days after I paid I got all the bits through saying I can collect on the Sunday. I wouldn’t normally pay before the delivery date confirmation but I just thought they’ll have about a week of delays once it starts going through.
 
Lets hope some of us have some movement today. Could we be up to 10 customer cars today? Think I'll always struggle to understand how they can't transport cars efficiently when it's literally their business but I'll try and stay positive.
 
Lets hope some of us have some movement today. Could we be up to 10 customer cars today? Think I'll always struggle to understand how they can't transport cars efficiently when it's literally their business but I'll try and stay positive.
My understanding is that it's the shortage of HGV drivers that are the main reason for delays.
 
My understanding is that it's the shortage of HGV drivers that are the main reason for delays.
That's been the issue all year for everyone. You'd think they'd have some foresight to anticipate this. I know of local guys who deliver lease cars for certain car groups and go all over country. Worst case they could've got someone like them to help.
 
When they blame the lack of HGV drivers we know they have them, they do this day to day, i can only imagine it's more the case that the GR86 did not get priority for a launch like maybe some of the toyota team thought it would?

Seems to be business as usual for their logistics, just more cars to go out when they can.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top