GR Corolla GR Corolla 1475KG

I hope in 2023 they announce that in 2024 we have a facelift Corolla GR in auto .... for the uk with 280 bhp
 
They never listen to the petition to release a circuit pack + convenience pack = ultimate everyday car GR Yaris... :cautious: đŸ˜…
 
GR Corolla Running 10% more boost than GR Yaris.
First year production figures 1500 Circuit pack and 5100 Core models totalling 6600 for first year.
 
GR Corolla Running 10% more boost than GR Yaris.
First year production figures 1500 Circuit pack and 5100 Core models totalling 6600 for first year.


Good vid with some new detail, thanks for posting.

Comments:
- remap is possible now
- boost +10% won't be on the ~20psi peak (as torque is unchanged) but on the top end where stock boost takes a dive
 
interesting detail on drive modes - looks like they won't get sport or track. too complicated for muricans?
 
That video states they do get track and sport
Ok saw one video where it stated front and rear


4:19 in video
442342F2-0EC5-4FC1-B8D4-B623781A4B67.png
 
Could be more Subaru like logic, where the majority of US buyers will have their car history...
Awd is normal, whereas rear or front wheel drive is special mode? Funny as track is 50:50 and sport rear biased, maybe more descriptive could be neutral vs rear as normal is most front biased setting. Just bit confusing logic
 
Yeah not fully each way just means more biased front and rear... :)
(y)
 
Hmm I would prefer some neutral clear naming and configuration.

Normal mode 50/50
Front 70/30
Rear 30/70

Or so. This track, sport and so on leaving much interpretation. 50/50 could also be named gravel mode or off road mode, rear could be drift, fun and so on. I am more into technical description than into some emotional charged terms like "sport". But I get most of car guys like the idea of R mode or N shift or whatever it is called. My car fascination is also more technical and engineering based than emotional driving kinda thing.
 
Hmm I would prefer some neutral clear naming and configuration.

Normal mode 50/50
Front 70/30
Rear 30/70

Or so. This track, sport and so on leaving much interpretation. 50/50 could also be named gravel mode or off road mode, rear could be drift, fun and so on. I am more into technical description than into some emotional charged terms like "sport". But I get most of car guys like the idea of R mode or N shift or whatever it is called. My car fascination is also more technical and engineering based than emotional driving kinda thing.
To me sport has been easiest to drive in all conditions -> most predictable characteristics in corner entry and exit.
In track mode sometimes I've gotten understeer in corner exit, so has given few oops moments whereas in sport it has been more solid.
Best would be infinite adjustment for bias - wonder what commands those sport & track give for the central diff..
 
Back
Top