Garmin Mini 2 Dash Cam (Not Yaris Specific)

Germy

Devoted member
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
94
Reaction score
106
Fancied a dash cam so picked up a Garmin Mini 2 with a student discount (via Totum Card) for £60

Added in the OBD power cable (so no hard wiring required to use park mode) at £40

For £100 all in and fitted (very easy DIY job as you can imagine) I'm very pleased.

Will upload a sample of video in the comments when I get 5.




20220111_124220~2.jpg

20220111_124217~2.jpg
 
Nice one, I have the first version of that one and love how neatly it fits there. Got one in the back window too :)
 
ah ok so will this record even while the vehicle is parked up on my drive or in a carpark?
It provides power for the park mode which records if something happens and the camera is triggered.

It doesn't provide continuous recording.
 
Just had my NextBase 622GW and rear cam fitted! NextBase had a sale on, so had to be done!
 
So I've just realised that every video downloaded has a file name starting GRMN 😂

Very short 10 sec sample vid, dark out and really not very exiting at all

Downloaded directly from the camera. For anything longer than a few secs I'd totally recommend the hard wired connection as the wi-fi direct link is awfully slow.

 
not sure its my youtube compressing the video but i cant even make the number plates out?
 
not sure its my youtube compressing the video but i cant even make the number plates out?
Probably a mix of downloading it by wi-fi direct and then crappy YouTube compression.

I need to plug the cam in to a laptop/tablet to download footage the official way according to the instructions.

I think the app is to see which clips you want to mark to not overwrite and then you're supposed to view properly on a laptop

I'll grab it tomorrow (whilst the OH is washing the cars haha) and see what the footage looks like on the PC
 
thank you :) really appreciate you grabbing the footage
Took the SD card out of the cam and popped it in to my laptop

Each file is a minute long even though they appear as full journeys on the app on my phone. So it's just a case of looking for the one(s) you want. They are all date and time stamped.

Going through the files on a laptop is so much easier than the app, so I'd recommend using the app to lock the videos you want and extract via a laptop/PC

I took a still from the video linked above. The reg marks are visible but the glare from my headlights causes quite a bit of reflection on some of the numberplates so that's something to bare in mind.

garmin~2.webp
 
Back
Top