GR Yaris Forge Turbo Inlet Adaptor and carbon inlet duct - Gr Yaris

Woody

Fascinated Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
19
Hi all ,

I've had my Gr for 18 months and love it to bits . It's standard apart from a Fujitsubo Authorize R exhaust with the gpf still in place. The exhaust has made a big difference to the feel and performance of the car, while not sounding too loud.

My next step is to install the turbo inlet pipe and air box inlet with the forge products. I know I could replace the air box with an after market one but I want to keep the original.

Has anyone experienced either forge products? And what difference they make . I have read the carbon inlet reduces temperatures. Thanks
 
Last edited:
I had alot of Forge stuff on my old i30N, like I went completely overboard... πŸ˜… There quality and performance is brilliant. There after sales are great too, I had an issue with a Blow-off valve for my N and they offered to fit it for me for free at their base in Gloucester.
 
Last edited:
I have Forge turbo inlet. Not sure about gains, but stock one has some restrictions, so I'm sure car is happier.
20221216_153122.webp
Used to run King3d AIS, similar to Forge one and the intake temps went down significantly, worthy upgrade, not sure about Forge 'cos $$$. Kind3d is like 220 AUD, Forge 300+ pounds?
For that money I had @Helmut Eder scoop printed almost twice which works even better than King3d. It's like a aftermarket intake, but you leave OEM filter, upper housing and sensor pipe.
20221216_152245.webp20221216_152259.webp
 
Hi all ,

I've had my Gr for 18 months and love it to bits . It's standard apart from a Fujitsubo Authorize R exhaust with the gpf still in place. The exhaust has made a big difference to the feel and performance of the car, while not sounding too loud.

My next step is to install the turbo inlet pipe and air box inlet with the forge products. I know I could replace the air box with an after market one but I want to keep the original.

Has anyone experienced either forge products? And what difference they make . I have read the carbon inlet reduces temperatures. Thanks
I have the Forge Carbon inlet and happy with its performance.
It's pricey for sure. I have Helmut's eariler intake inlet for sale if anyone is interested, won't ask much as it has few marks but works othervise well.
 
Yep same here the I have the Forge Carbon Inlet and it was really good when we had the high temps in the summer.
 
I have Forge carbon inlet too ... but I only did 4000km on my GR, cant say much about performance gains. But look and fitting is nice, so I can recommend it. Def. a huge upgrade vs the stock piece.
Turbo inlet could be good as part of a whole package. I dont know if its worth it if you do this mod solo.
 
Don't think the forge carbon inlet is going to give any bhp. It looks better, and it in the case the lower flaps open to the airbox you get a cold flow rather than from the engine bay... But it's all still being restricted the exactly same amount via the stock air filter.
 
Dont think the stock box is much restricted as it has given 400hp figures. Depends of course on design priorities
Oh what I mean is the external feed and engine bay feed is likely less of a restriction than the air filter. As in, you're not going to get any more bhp because whatever restriction exists is very likely not to be that air feed.
 
it helps to reduce intake air temps....that could add some hp in some cases. so I would say you can gain some hp in some situations.
 
I don't think even Forge themselves claim it gives extra horse power from memory.

I reckon you'd be hard pressed to ever notice it you're looking at best 1%
 
Hi all ,

I've had my Gr for 18 months and love it to bits . It's standard apart from a Fujitsubo Authorize R exhaust with the gpf still in place. The exhaust has made a big difference to the feel and performance of the car, while not sounding too loud.

My next step is to install the turbo inlet pipe and air box inlet with the forge products. I know I could replace the air box with an after market one but I want to keep the original.

Has anyone experienced either forge products? And what difference they make . I have read the carbon inlet reduces temperatures. Thanks
Hi buddy I have a forge intake kit brand new in box if u are interested?πŸš—πŸ’¨
 
it helps to reduce intake air temps....that could add some hp in some cases. so I would say you can gain some hp in some situations.
Have it too. Helps reduce heat soak and power cutting due to too high inlet temps. For me it's important to keep performance and consistency as outside temps rise.

Colder intake temps also helps turbo compressor efficiency that should have a small effect on power as car will run with slightly less backpressure with a slightly more open wastegate in like for like conditions, but not the main reason to get one for sure.

Likewise Forge claim 5hp for their inlet pipe kit, gained in a similar way, that is improving compressor efficiency. For the Β£ actually not a bad improvement if correct.
 
Last edited:
Guys/gals that have the turbo inlet kit, did it make a difference sound wise? Depends on other mods obviously, ese off will help you notice, a straight pipe turbo back exhaust won't πŸ§πŸ‘‚
 
Bit confused, you are selling yours brand new? And you have an aftermarket exhaust right? Don't imagine one could hear any difference then indeed...
I bought two kits, I fitted mine, my mate didn’t want his in the end!πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
 
Out of interest, with the Forge Carbon Inlet for the airbox, is there any way for water to drain out of it? The stock one has a little area underneath so that water doesn't make it all the way through, is there anything similar for the carbon one? From pictures I've seen, I don't think there is, but is this something to be worried about? (dw, I'm not planning on going through any 2ft fords any time soon but like... just worried about road splatter etc making its way to the airbox?)

Anyone with one of these had a look at their air filter any time recently?
 
Out of interest, with the Forge Carbon Inlet for the airbox, is there any way for water to drain out of it? The stock one has a little area underneath so that water doesn't make it all the way through, is there anything similar for the carbon one? From pictures I've seen, I don't think there is, but is this something to be worried about? (dw, I'm not planning on going through any 2ft fords any time soon but like... just worried about road splatter etc making its way to the airbox?)

Anyone with one of these had a look at their air filter any time recently?
Good questions and these were also important considerations for me. In short, it's not entirely as good as OEM, but a lot better then completely aftermarket intakes.

Long version:
The OE inlet snorkel is open in the bottom part and will thus allow bigger rain drops to drop out before entering the airbox. At the same time it allows in hot air from the engine bay.
The forge inlet duct has two pathways, one direct to the airbox and one to the bottom flap. The direct one will not allow water drops to drop out. The one directed to the flap will allow rain to drain that way as there is a gap to the airbox bottom flap.
The main plus is however keeping the OE airbox. With the filter in the 'ceiling', this will force big water drop to drop out and assemble in the bottom of the box. Same goes for heavy dirt that 'automatically' clears the filter in the 'ceiling'. There the water will eventually evaporate and dirt just sit there or find its way out too e.g. as the flaps open. I haven't seen an outright drain. Aftermarket intakes will often have a direct path right into the filter element and thus in heavy rain it's much more likely that the filter will be wetted and thus restict power in best case, and ingest water in worst case.

Something like that.
 
Back
Top