GR Yaris Eventuri quality problem

Mine had been removed from my old car anyway and not yet refitted to the new one, so easy decision for me. Personally I wouldn't want to take the chance of a failure and blowing the turbo as a result, when you can get a replacement for free, but each to their own.
Always look positive. When the turbo breaks, an upgrade turbo comes in. Since the rivets held up last season too, don't worry about that. But like you said, if it wasn't already installed, I'd swap it.
 
I am check mine
While I am opening up my Transmission for rebuild
Look like no issue , but I think I will just drill the rivet out
And just use some Epoxy to fill it out
Just use zip tide to secure the vacuum Line

113A201A-1C52-45BB-8866-28DBF67642BE.webp


D6682C6B-8F9A-4AC6-8EA5-09F4493EEBAA.webp
 
Last edited:
Luckily for me the new pipe arrived the week before I had the car booked in to have the intake fitted, so didn't really impact me. If I'd have had the intake fitted and then needed the pipe swapping I'd have been miffed.
 
Isolated issue? impression I get from @Diyman25 based on his hard core tracking and if the pipe hasn't cracked or missing rivets I wouldn't worry too much about it.
 
If the rivets are tight, they stay tight. It's just air going through the tube. There was apparently exactly 1 case.

Probably the rivets were badly attached or something. No reason to get nervous.
 
If the rivets are tight, they stay tight. It's just air going through the tube. There was apparently exactly 1 case.

Probably the rivets were badly attached or something. No reason to get nervous.

Any info on this 1 case? curious...
 
Isolated issue? impression I get from @Diyman25 based on his hard core tracking and if the pipe hasn't cracked or missing rivets I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I also use very stiff engine and transmission mount
Create more NVH too
So I think this is one of problems
 
Fair play to Eventuri for acting on a single incident.
 
For those of you that were sent the replacment how long did it take after you filled out the form? It's a bit anoying that I purchased a new one that arrived yesterday from a reseller and it still had the old part in the box!!
 
got mine quickly, still sat in the box. Havent fitted it
 
Haven't received mine yet. Waiting since 05/23. But I wouldn't install it either, because I'm too lazy.
 
For those of you that were sent the replacment how long did it take after you filled out the form? It's a bit anoying that I purchased a new one that arrived yesterday from a reseller and it still had the old part in the box!!
Would you mind sharing the name of the reseller please? I’ve just received a kit from Tegiwa and was planning to just take the unopened box to my fitter for installation.
 
Would you mind sharing the name of the reseller please? I’ve just received a kit from Tegiwa and was planning to just take the unopened box to my fitter for installation.
Silver rivets on mine so must be fresh stock. Hope you get yours replaced soon
 
Back
Top