GR Yaris (Gen 2) Euro6e compliance (and impact) - Germany

grj

Fascinated Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
22
OK, so the inevitable happened

Toyota.de finally updated the official website with the new (downgraded) specs: https://www.toyota.de/neuwagen/gr-yaris/spezifikationen

In return for the downgrade in performance (I guess!?), we now get three GRY variants: https://www.toyota.de/neuwagen/gr-yaris#aphgradeselector
1) High Perf
2) Aero Perf
3) High Perf AT

For the record, emissions for the first two variants is 197g/km, but the 3rd variant (High Perf AT) still does 215g/km
But isn't it that the 215g/km put it out of Euro6e, the very reason that the torque figure is -45Nm?
(but how come is there an AT option to begin with..)

0-100km figure (MT/AT) remains unchanged (5.2sec)

This is really sad. So they finally let us have the Aero variant here (which is nice to be fair), but really the older Gen2 is a faster car
Not to mention that in many other countries (non-EU of course), they get to have 300HP and full torque

This is probably too early for anyone here to have a chance of getting a feel of how this minus 45Nm impacts the car
IMHO should also affect the 0-100. Can't be that the lack of 45Nm is neglictible in that respect (not that I really care for standstill sprint capability on this car, but they should put accurate figures at least)
 
But really, we know the flashable software is the restricting factor in all of this euro emissions red tape. Boost, fueling & timing mapped by the OEM to comply. Human inefficiency is calculated into the decisions regarding AT vs a manually operated vehicle. A computed action is taken as a superior measure against a human’s inconsistent operation of clutch & gears. The hardware is all the same in MK2 variants, it’s up to the enthusiasts to unlock the potential in this instance.

People on here are squeezing out usable realistic power without resorting to playing in the lottery zone of tuning. The likelihood of Toyota reducing mechanical aspects to meet efficiency targets strikes me as highly unlikely & most likely software/mapping restrictions as required by the EU bureaucratic nonsense of the day.

If you have deep rooted passion for performance, there’s a way.
 
up to the enthusiasts to unlock the potential in this instance.
But perf figures are what they are
Unless you change the mapping afterwards, you ll get 45Nm less that the normal Gen2
And I would want to go down this route anyway, as it would void the warranty
required by the EU bureaucratic nonsense of the day.
totally agree with the phrasing here, but it is what it is
If you have deep rooted passion for performance, there’s a way.
At the end of the day, even with the crippled torque figure, 345Nm is pretty impressive from such a small I3 engine
But it still feels a bit off that we are forced to get a downgraded car
 
Back in September/October, this was the official communication I received from Toyota Sweden:

Technical changes from October (2025) production:

  • Adaptation to Euro6e-bis regulations
  • Horsepower: no change
  • Max torque: from 390 Nm to 345 Nm (−45 Nm)
  • Automatic transmission (AT) removed (does not meet Euro6e-bis)
This sounds to me like no more newly produced AT versions would be available after October 2025 in the whole EU. The German website still showing an AT version is a bit confusing. I'm guessing these are cars that are on stock and are produced before October 2025. Your dealer could easily check if they can still order a new AT now. In Sweden I could not.

My 2026 model (MT) just left the factory a few days ago, so I'm 100% sure it has the updated emissions engine version.
I had the same doubt as you @grj back in October before I placed my order. Going for a new one with 45Nm less or one with the 390Nm. But in the end I went for a new one. For me that was the best deal and the feeling of a truly new car is just unmatched, despite the drop in Nm. Yes, I'm sure I would feel the difference in case I would drive mine compared to a 390Nm version back to back. But in real life, when actually using the car, you are not always driving on full torque. The -45Nm does not all of the sudden ruin the whole car.

Is the drop in Nm 'sad', yes sure, but it's simple: accept it or go for a used one. Nothing else you can do, except a remap and solve the issue that way. But then indeed accept warranty voidance in case of engine issues later on.
 
Back in September/October, this was the official communication I received from Toyota Sweden:

Technical changes from October (2025) production:
  • Adaptation to Euro6e-bis regulations
  • Horsepower: no change
  • Max torque: from 390 Nm to 345 Nm (−45 Nm)
  • Automatic transmission (AT) removed (does not meet Euro6e-bis)
This sounds to me like no more newly produced AT versions would be available after October 2025 in the whole EU. The German website still showing an AT version is a bit confusing. I'm guessing these are cars that are on stock and are produced before October 2025. Your dealer could easily check if they can still order a new AT now. In Sweden I could not.

My 2026 model (MT) just left the factory a few days ago, so I'm 100% sure it has the updated emissions engine version.
I had the same doubt as you @grj back in October before I placed my order. Going for a new one with 45Nm less or one with the 390Nm. But in the end I went for a new one. For me that was the best deal and the feeling of a truly new car is just unmatched, despite the drop in Nm. Yes, I'm sure I would feel the difference in case I would drive mine compared to a 390Nm version back to back. But in real life, when actually using the car, you are not always driving on full torque. The -45Nm does not all of the sudden ruin the whole car.

Is the drop in Nm 'sad', yes sure, but it's simple: accept it or go for a used one. Nothing else you can do, except a remap and solve the issue that way. But then indeed accept warranty voidance in case of engine issues later on.
Yeah, totally on the same page
Not saying by any means that the reduced torque disregards the car altogether (only that it really sucks!)

Back in early December, the Toyota dealer I talked to here, never mentioned that 'slight' chance for the emissions compliance, because basically that was already in effect (whilst the specs on their website were inaccurate for few months now)

Now, I want to decide, if all things considered, I ll go for this car
If I do - there's another issue. Because I would definitely go for the Aero, it may be the case that it won't fit in my garage ('stellplatz')
As it was for the Gen2 test car, I realised it only fit with 3 to 4cm clearance from the roof! (measuring from the radio shark fin, which was the highest point of that car)

Now, with the Aero, I can't really tell if the wing if same level with the fin
And it ll be a few good months maybe before they have an Aero available here for a test drive

Anyway, I ll see what I ll do
 
Back
Top