Elfyn Evans & Scott Martin 2026 WRC Champions

MrJ

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
876
Reaction score
2,123
A huge congratulations to Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin on their championship win, after so many years of being so close. What a dramatic finale, with Solberg taking it right down to the wire.
 
Great season and a spectacular end today. Well done Elfyn & Scott, particularly having opened the road for 10 of 13 rounds. Great for profile of the sport in UK. Looking forward to WRC 2027!
 
Last edited:
Great to see a Brit clinch the title after so many years. Yeah I know he’s a fiercely proud Welshman but that’s fine 😂👏 Commiserations to Oliver. His year will come no doubt as he’s supremely talented. Same goes to Sami. Hey who’s now going to pester their local dealership to get a deposit down for an Elfyn edition GR Yaris?! 😛
 
IMG_1504.webp
IMG_1502.webp
IMG_1501.webp

A great result! I forgot to post these last week, it was at a very wet Pembrey Circuit, Evans hooning around in the Yaris with a real mix of rally cars.
 
That's Melvyn Evans, not Elfyn. Another local driver.

Was chuffed to bits for him. Was watching on S4C and the commentary was fantastic. If they did a limited edition I'd be interested. Someone did buy the EE26 WRC plate already though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MrJ
Fantastic wasn't it! So pleased they finally did it after all those close second places! Really well deserved, it's been impressive how Elfyn has been able to win on lots of different surfaces, snow, tarmac, safari etc.

Also, apparently the GR Yaris Rally 1 is now the most successful homologated rally car ever! 🥳
 
That's Melvyn Evans, not Elfyn. Another local driver.

Was chuffed to bits for him. Was watching on S4C and the commentary was fantastic. If they did a limited edition I'd be interested. Someone did buy the EE26 WRC plate already though.
I did enjoy watching Howard not even attempting to be unbiased!

Slightly bittersweet for me as my Dad’s co driver was one of the Evans family, so he used to follow Elfyn’s progress on every single rally. He’d have loved to see him finally do it!

I didn’t want to jinx it beforehand, but I’m really hoping @Sticky might consider doing an updated version of the front wing stickers with Elfyn’s name on them?
 
Back
Top