GR86 Duckbill

Nigel L

Devoted member
Joined
Feb 23, 2023
Messages
99
Reaction score
209
Location
Cambs
I bought my 86 from someone who decided that he wanted to move the car straight on, after collecting it from the dealer, and so had no input as to what options were spec’d.
I want to add a Duckbill in body colour (ice silver). So, can I do this through the dealer, or do I need to go aftermarket?
Also, are they just stuck on with 3m tape, or, as I believe, bolted on as well as the use of tape.
Would you recommend that a dealer fit, or is it doable by myself.
Any advice/comments much appreciated.
Many thanks.
 
They are available via dealers and can either be just stuck on or bolted. Personally I would definitely bolt it as it will see actual aero load.

Definitely DIYable if you’re confident but dealer will be able to fit it no problem too.
 
There is a thread on them HERE

Pretty split between dealer install, DIY bolted and DIY taped on.
 
Last edited:
Worth noting that if you want it bolted the fitment on the gaps is symmetrical, if you have it stuck down then the fitment can be flush with the boot at the expense of it being unsymmetrical when looking down on it.

Edit - My bad, just realised it's all on that other thread.
 
Back
Top