Berkshire

Grblue86

Totally Hooked
Joined
Apr 10, 2022
Messages
651
Reaction score
790
Location
Reading
Just thought to make the first thread for Berkshire owners although in hindsight given the small size of Berkshire and how close it is to other counties (Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey) may be it is best to have a "South" thread instead. Let's see.

Reading here
 
Just thought to make the first thread for Berkshire owners although in hindsight given the small size of Berkshire and how close it is to other counties (Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey) may be it is best to have a "South" thread instead. Let's see.

Reading here
Bracknell here

Gris Zoo (as mine is called) is hibernating for winter. Given how cold it is I feel I should be doing the same!

Despite the number of sales Bracknell Toyota made I have only seen 4 in the area since I got mine in December 2022.
 
Marlow/Maidenhead here.. number of GR Owners seen about he Bucks/Berks/Oxfordshire area. Saw x2 in Henley on Thames last Sunday.
 
Yes Iam on the Oxfordshire/Berkshire boarder, collected my black 86 from reading in September.
Nearly at the 1000 miles mark . I have seen a black one in Henley as well.
Marlow/Maidenhead here.. number of GR Owners seen about he Bucks/Berks/Oxfordshire area. Saw x2 in Henley on Thames last Sunday.
S s
 
Yes Iam on the Oxfordshire/Berkshire boarder, collected my black 86 from reading in September.
Nearly at the 1000 miles mark . I have seen a black one in Henley as well.

S s

There's a blue GR86 parked around Marlow boat club not too far from Chris Evans home...
 
Bracknell here

Gris Zoo (as mine is called) is hibernating for winter. Given how cold it is I feel I should be doing the same!

Despite the number of sales Bracknell Toyota made I have only seen 4 in the area since I got mine in December 2022.
Another Bracknell-ite here. I probably saw your car when it was in Toyotas Compound behind the Coppid Beech. I live across the way and walk my dog down past there pretty much daily!

Keen for meets in sunnier and warmer times.
 
🙋‍♂️ Reading GR86 here. Seen a blue one in Spencer's Wood but not sure they're on here.
Couple of Yarii I see regularly around Woodley as well.
 
Looking for a good alignment garage, with a hunter machine ideally. Anyone has a recommendation?
...

No recommendation, unfortunately; just a few thoughts.

I believe https://alignmycar.co.uk/search/ shows you some of the Hunter machines in any area you search for. It may be that it doesn't show you those without an active subscription, though.

Based on my understanding, the equipment doesn't matter much when it comes to the quality of alignment. It's more about the person carrying it out.

I very recently had alignment done (on a non-Toyota car) at a well recommended and busy garage with the latest Hunter equipment. They handed over the car to me with settings which were not the ones I had asked for and a few other issues, mainly that they forgot to tighten the camber and caster bolts on one of the four corners!

I would look for recommendations here and elsewhere and then make a few phone calls asking places that do 4-wheel alignment to talk me through the process. If, for example, it didn't include allowing the suspension to settle before finalising settings and doing a test drive, I would look elsewhere.

If not too far from you, worth giving a call to places like:
 
I'm in Oxford and have been looking for owner's clubs/groups, so would be nice if this were for a wider 'South' area. Mine's a red GR86.
 
I'm in Oxford and have been looking for owner's clubs/groups, so would be nice if this were for a wider 'South' area. Mine's a red GR86.
Podium Place is not too far away. As KevinA said, tomorrow at 12m
 
Anyone fancy driving together to Japfest? I'll be taking the A4074 towards Oxford
 
I am aiming to start early though, We could meet here at 6am or just before:
Nettlebed Service Station, Port hill, High St, Henley-on-Thames RG9 5DD
 
I am aiming to start early though, We could meet here at 6am or just before:
Nettlebed Service Station, Port hill, High St, Henley-on-Thames RG9 5DD
Unfortunately I not going to Jap Fest but happy to meet up here and follow in my Black GR86 to Bicester tomorrow at 0600 if you r still going this route?
 
Unfortunately I not going to Jap Fest but happy to meet up here and follow in my Black GR86 to Bicester tomorrow at 0600 if you r still going this route?
Sure thing, will DM you my number
 
Although I'm based in Enfield North London I run two other car clubs in the South and a regular start point for our drives is Beaconsfield Services.

Will be pleased to hook up with other GR owners 👍

Cheers SBC
WN73GBO
Silver GR86

bb31ae19-58ae-4e4a-9458-90041e256932-1_all_63548.webp
 
Back
Top