GR86 Affect on 2nd hand values of the 2022-2024 GR86

JonBon

Obsessed member
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Messages
278
Reaction score
357
Location
East Sussex
What do people think the new 2025 GR86 will do to the 2nd hand prices of the 2022-2024 models? Personally, I thought this was going to be the last iteration of the GR86 so it would hold its value but now I’m not so sure.

 
What do people think the new 2025 GR86 will do to the 2nd hand prices of the 2022-2024 models? Personally, I thought this was going to be the last iteration of the GR86 so it would hold its value but now I’m not so sure.

Whilst it “may happen” IMO it it does the chances of it coming to Europe would be pretty low as fleet CO2 averages are going to get tighter for manufacturers to meet and European legislation is far tighter and extensive than other markets and probably falls into the “too much hassle“ for Toyota. I wouldn’t be surprised if Europe gets the first GR BEV product though 🤔. As for values the market will decide when they start to hit Autotrader
 
That article is a load tosh. It's fake news. It's was taken off bestcarweb a Japanese website that often spins out nonsense.
I hope so. I think a 1.6 turbo GR86 would be quite desirable.
 
I hope so. I think a 1.6 turbo GR86 would be quite desirable.
Thats probably the only credible point of that article. There are GR86s already fitted with the Yaris G16 engine fitted, done for the purpose of synthetic fuel testing, it's not entirely unfeasible for it to go that way in the future but it wouldn't matter to us anyway, as it won't be sold in Europe for the reasons we all know. It also contradicts a statement from Toyota saying there are no more GR models planned.

Who knows, there might be something, but most of these articles are untrue.
 
What do people think the new 2025 GR86 will do to the 2nd hand prices of the 2022-2024 models? Personally, I thought this was going to be the last iteration of the GR86 so it would hold its value but now I’m not so sure.

If that car, or anything remotely like it, comes to the UK I shall eat my hat.

I don't own any hats so what I will do is purchase a GR branded hat and eat that, whilst filming myself doing so before uploading it onto this fine site for the delectation and amusement of you, my fellow GR enthusiasts.
 
I dunno if take an na high revving car over a turbo any day of the week.

The last thing I'd want is to be coming on and off boost mid drift when trying to impress my crew at Mt. Akina.
Quite. I'd be concerned that my girlfriend's ex would win and then his Yakuza uncle would take it out on Han's family. Or something.
 
Back
Top