GR86 10th Anniversary Model

Kiwi Greg

Obsessed member
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
263
Reaction score
367
Location
New Zealand
Saw one of these today, I was told 10 coming here



I was quite surprised, thought it would have the big brake kit ???



Not sure about the interior or what they were trying to achieve with the model ?



It was ordered in for a customers wife, its going back......she didn't like the colour....struggling to disagree with her, could have had some pearl or sparkles it in

First impressions count & mine wasn't great to be fair :oops:
 
Looks different to what they get in the US as they get different wheels and black decals. I think they get the GR exhaust but there is not from-the-factory brake upgrade available.
 
Looks different to what they get in the US as they get different wheels and black decals. I think they get the GR exhaust but there is not from-the-factory brake upgrade available.
Yeah, no GR performance exhaust, no 10 year anniversary on the door cards (not necessarily a bad thing) and no limited edition plaque either.
 
Actually not sure about the colour - perhaps it's the lighting but looks odd - not like a neon orange I thought it would be.....
 
Actually not sure about the colour - perhaps it's the lighting but looks odd - not like a neon orange I thought it would be.....
I'm guessing it's a pearlescent flat orange and looks a bit bland. MX5 30th Anniversary was the same, no metallic fleck in it, looked poor.
 
Actually not sure about the colour - perhaps it's the lighting but looks odd - not like a neon orange I thought it would be.....
I was extremely disappointed with the colour, but then I don't like all the new trendy "looks like primer with clear coat over it" colours
 
To be honest for an extra 3k here unless you wanted a special colour there is little to get excited about over a standard one

Standard https://www.toyota.co.nz/new-car/gr86/86-BMGT-NM1/?skuCode=86-BMGT-NM1-DCK-20

10th Anni https://www.toyota.co.nz/new-car/gr86/86-BMLE-NM1/?skuCode=86-BMLE-NM1-WCL-20
Agreed, for the NZ spec.

Although I would pay that for the US spec ones with forged alloys and sport exhaust.

The colour is just too hit and miss for me. Only looks good in bright sunshine IMO.

1C248470-C556-48AE-8D59-3D28CE2CD443.jpeg
 
Back
Top