Recent content by Shakey456

  1. Shakey456

    GR86 Phone Volume

    I'll give it a go but I have tried turning the volume up to max using the knob on the LHS of the display unit but this makes no difference
  2. Shakey456

    GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

    Just got a new mobile phone which I connect using Android Auto. No issues with my old phone but with the new one, I can hardly hear calls when I receive them. I went in to settings in the sound menu and the ''call volume'' only has a range of -6 to +6 whereas all the others are -38 to +38. I've...
  3. Shakey456

    GR86 Phone Volume

    Just got a new mobile phone which I connect using Android Auto. No issues with my old phone but with the new one, I can hardly hear calls when I receive them. I went in to settings in the sound menu and the ''call volume'' only has a range of -6 to +6 whereas all the others are -38 to +38. I've...
  4. Shakey456

    GR86 Vehicle Security

    Spooky as I have also received this ' £250 offer' today too and of course I have also rejected it. Bring it on :cool:
  5. Shakey456

    GR86 Vehicle Security

    Out of interest, was this the Motoring Ombudsman or the Financial Ombudsman ? I'm dealing with the former and am expecting a response from Toyota within the next week or so. I'm pressing for a lot more than £250
  6. Shakey456

    GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

    Thanks for the ebay link. Did you go for charcoal or black ?
  7. Shakey456

    GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

    I got it done as part of a 6 month safety check. Cost me £67 as I've got the service plan. The only reason I had this check was to get the fake noise switched off. TBH a bit of a rip off and I certainly won't be having further safety checks but worth it to get it switched off. I've since done...
  8. Shakey456

    GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

    Got the dealer to turn off the fake engine noise this morning. Only a 4 mile journey back but I much prefer it .
  9. Shakey456

    GR86 Vehicle Security

    I submitted my complaint to the Motor Ombudsman yesterday.
  10. Shakey456

    GR86 Vehicle Security

    I am amazed that Toyota seems to be brushing the lack of alarm under the carpet hoping it will go away..... noting the mood of the forum, I doubt it will. A company called Cobra, as an example, do a supply and fit of a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm (Cobra 4615 ADR) for £499.99 (suspect this includes VAT...
  11. Shakey456

    GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

    Here you go. Hopefully it works. If not go on the website and type in ''Universal Car Trunk Net Elastic Luggage Net Cargo Organizer Storage Nylon Mesh Nets Stretchable Car Interior Mesh Network Pocket''...
  12. Shakey456

    GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

    Reckon that'll be it. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
  13. Shakey456

    GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

    Fitted LED bulbs : Reversing lights, boot light, puddle lights and interior courtesy lights. 20 mins job and impressive results. Fitted cargo net in the boot. Only a few £ from Aliexpress. Fitted suede material to the bottom of the doors on the inside. Matches the alcantara on the top of the...
  14. Shakey456

    GR86 Vehicle Security

    I'm certainly aggrieved and don't think we should just roll over. This is a £30+k new and desirable car where spec sheets stated 'alarm / immobilizer' fitted. I've got a longstanding 25+ years connection with the MD of the dealer that supplied mine 13 days ago . I'm at an unrelated business...
  15. Shakey456

    GR86 Goodbye :-( and hello again 😀

    I noticed the same issue with the rear seat (behind the drivers seat) on my car that I collected last Friday. Not as bad as yours thankfully. As a result I've just been to the dealer. They agree it is not acceptable and have completed a warranty claim. TBH I could live with it but that's not the...
Back
Top