Recent content by bqf

  1. bqf

    GR86 Is it a bit of a Widow Maker?

    I have to say, the GR86 is a bit of a livewire on cold roads. I've been using it over winter a couple of times a week and it has totally lost it's sh8t a couple of times, and I don't drive like a lunatic. My hobby is motor racing, and i'm a motor racing instructor, and so I'm not the worst...
  2. bqf

    GR86 Wow this is cheap !

    How much was it up for?
  3. bqf

    GR86 Insurance

    My first year premium, with 10 years NCD, was £550. My renewal from Toyota Insurance is £900! I'm 51, live in rural Sussex, although I have made a claim and have six points. Compare Meerkats is at £870....
  4. bqf

    GR86 Service Plan

    I have a service plan for my GR. I got a mail recently to say it's due it's 1 year/10,000 mile service..... I have done 954 miles in it so far :) I need to put more miles on it but winter will soon be here.....time to get the Lanogard out
  5. bqf

    GR86 Silver, Tunbridge Wells

    Noticed a silver 73 plate GR parked ON THE STREET in T Wells, opposite Axa. Fold those mirrors in!
  6. bqf

    GR86 HOW MUCH????

    Yes, £972 EACH! It's broken the covers and the internal points for clicking the covers onto, so it's the whole shebang needed. He was a massive b8ll-end, yes. Wanted to pay directly to avoid claiming but messed me about, and ended up humble-bragging about how he enjoys his Aston DB6. Massive...
  7. bqf

    GR86 HOW MUCH????

    So there I was, parked on my local high street, sitting in my GR86, waiting for my son to come out of the Tesco Express, when BAM! a tatty old Jag XK8 whacks my mirror - top and bottom cover and glass go whizzing through the air. Into the dealer, and you can't just source the top and bottom...
  8. bqf

    GR86 Condensation?

    Thanks very much all - I didn't even know about the moisture bags. I use a dehumidifier in my campervan but obvs didn't want it plugged in in a small car. Have ordered some of these bags, thanks chaps
  9. bqf

    GR86 Condensation?

    Picked my car up on Christmas Eve, done about 100 miles in it, over 3 days or so. Garage has other things in it, so it's been on the drive. Haven't been able to/wanted to drive it, with all the salt on the roads. There is a large amount of condensation on the inside. I've Gummi Pflege...
  10. bqf

    GR86 Bit Cross, TBH

    Sorted via Toyota in the end, who were £100 cheaper than everyone else when it came to it.....
  11. bqf

    GR86 Bit Cross, TBH

    So, picked up my car on Christmas Eve, with the 3 day 'drive home' cover. Sadly, seems I can't buy any other insurance as the registration isn't showing on any other insurers database. Called Toyota Insurance, who need to 'refer to the underwriter' because the registration isn't showing up...
  12. bqf

    GR86 Ready for collection this week

    Hmmm, maybe I'm over-reacting - just feels like the car has been sitting in a field for months and I'm supposed to jump up and collect it before Christmas. I'm irked by it. truth be told i'll probably just go and get it when they ring me :LOL:
  13. bqf

    GR86 Ready for collection this week

    Well - paid my deposit, and have received an email to say 'your car should be ready for collection this week'..... I mean, really? the week before Christmas we are delivering your new car. FFS talk about comically poor timing. Should I leave it with the dealership until the new year? I...
  14. bqf

    GR86 GR86 Registration Numbers

    I've gone with SP72 GRG - initials, year of birth!, and GR, and another Gazoo for good measure
  15. bqf

    GR86 Test drives - Demonstrator registration numbers

    Right, very local then. Yes bit odd they selected Hastings as the GR centre, tbh. I think it's because it's a bigger, 'ritzier' dealership....
Back
Top