GR Yaris Where to buy extended thread lug nuts?

Duke

Zookeeper
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2021
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
2,923
Looking for another set of wheel nuts to get a little more thread engagement but struggling to find a European vendor who carries them.

These are ones with an extended thread that goes into the wheel bore to get an extra couple of turns, also called shank nuts or sleeve nuts. These are for aftermarket wheels, so 60° conical seat.

Does anybody know where I might be able to get some? Need to be black, obvs.
 
Not sure how specific they are but Evo Corse ship these with their wheels and I’ve found the engagement fine with standard studs. I do find that they scratch / show wear quite easily but will do for the task. And not sure any painted finish will survive undoing:

 
Very sexy! Unfortunately they don't have an extended thread. The ones I'm looking for look like this.

1790085706726.webp
 
Just thinking about this, @Phil1291 you presumably run the WedsSport nuts on yours which don't have an extended thread. Did you change to longer studs as well?
 
Very sexy! Unfortunately they don't have an extended thread. The ones I'm looking for look like this.

View attachment 42730
I bought these exact Gorilla ones back in 2021, but had to have them imported from the US, used a site called Summit Racing. It came to just under $80 back then, and they've been great so far. Just don't lose the socket! :)
 
I bought these exact Gorilla ones back in 2021, but had to have them imported from the US, used a site called Summit Racing. It came to just under $80 back then, and they've been great so far. Just don't lose the socket! :)
Yeah, with all the changes from inflation, tariffs, import duties and the ending of the waiver on small imports I bet that $80 would be more like $160 now!
 
If you buy these, check the design when they arrive. I ordered a set for my Braid wheels to get some extra thread engagement. When they turned up, only one out of the 20 actually looked right (the one on the right in the pic). The other 19 (like the one on the left) have a massive chamfer and the first few threads were rather shallow, basically making the extended shank useless. Returned them.

1790091700817.webp
 
Bimecc make them in 19mm hex and 21mm hex versions.

I bought the 21mm hex - Bimecc D70. Better than the Evo Corse ones I had before and were like €1 per nut locally
 
Looking for another set of wheel nuts to get a little more thread engagement but struggling to find a European vendor who carries them.

These are ones with an extended thread that goes into the wheel bore to get an extra couple of turns, also called shank nuts or sleeve nuts. These are for aftermarket wheels, so 60° conical seat.

Does anybody know where I might be able to get some? Need to be black, obvs.

HI Duke, Have you managed to find the desired wheel nuts ?
This might come a bit late, but I have a set from DP (www.drivenproducts.com) shank nuts that don't pass through my WedsSport wheels, the bore is too small. The shank's outside diameter is 15.7mm. If your after market wheel's bore is at least 16mm diam, it will fit.

DP shank wheel nuts (1).webp

DP shank wheel nuts (2).webp
 
Back
Top