GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

Where does the AFR come from? Our cars don't have standard wideband lambda sensors right?
But if the ECU is registering it somewhere I guess its even better if just plug in Techstream on my laptop and start looking for it. I feel really stupid now...😳
(As for the (real) boost in my case: In the beginning I wanted to connect a temporary boostgauge, but did not go through with it because I didn't want to cut in the original phat vacuum hose. So just left it.)
Don't know if there is a better place to discuss. Anyway, afaik most modern turbo cars have a wideband lambda sensor, meaning it's heated and quickly after startup (=closed loop) reports real lambda values in a wide range. And this ECU isn't static, it varies AFR under various circumstances just like boost which you would have to get in the intake manifold behind the throttle valve, which is plastic so not so straightforward.
Don't know if Techstream has easy to use logging features, the convenience of phone app based wireless logging is great. Will now be logging every drive for some time to get data, but after I'm happy to forget all about it and just drive...
 
Removed the rear number plate and refixed it using double sided tape and the original screws.

I couldn't hear any vibrations coming from it but since a good few on here have, thought I'd do it anyway.
 
Removed the rear number plate and refixed it using double sided tape and the original screws.

I couldn't hear any vibrations coming from it but since a good few on here have, thought I'd do it anyway.
Best mod I’ve done to mine to date! 😂 But then mine was rattling away like billi-o
 
View attachment 14646

Seems like the GR way home for next week.
Skip the boring long A55 stretch down towards Bangor, you'll be missing out. Instead if you head towards Cerrigydrudion, you can take in the Evo triangle, and then down one of my favourite stretches of road, the B4407 through Ysbyty Ifan towards Ffestiniog. Something like this:

1678975233925.webp

For North to mid-Wales, take your pick depending on how long you've got! Abergwesyn pass, Devil's Bridge, Rhayader and Elan Valley. All fab.

1678975771897.webp

(B4407 - watch out for sheep!)
 
Skip the boring long A55 stretch down towards Bangor, you'll be missing out. Instead if you head towards Cerrigydrudion, you can take in the Evo triangle, and then down one of my favourite stretches of road, the B4407 through Ysbyty Ifan towards Ffestiniog. Something like this:

View attachment 14697
For North to mid-Wales, take your pick depending on how long you've got! Abergwesyn pass, Devil's Bridge, Rhayader and Elan Valley. All fab.

View attachment 14699
(B4407 - watch out for sheep!)

Going to convince the missus that a trip to Wales is in order 👍
 
Another good slight detour would be inland a little from Barmouth in Snowdonia - Mach Loop - where the RAF do low level flying training. If you're lucky you'll see a fighter jet or two. I had a very low Typhoon go right overhead on my maiden GR drive. Scared the s**t out of me.
That route actually does skirt the mach loop, it runs through Dolgellau down towards Aberswyth..

I wanted to chuck that on there as I was considering doing a working holiday round that way. Found a nice cheapish place, with decent internet and my route takes me near it so I could have a little investigate whilst I was there :LOL:
Skip the boring long A55 stretch down towards Bangor, you'll be missing out. Instead if you head towards Cerrigydrudion, you can take in the Evo triangle, and then down one of my favourite stretches of road, the B4407 through Ysbyty Ifan towards Ffestiniog. Something like this:

View attachment 14697
For North to mid-Wales, take your pick depending on how long you've got! Abergwesyn pass, Devil's Bridge, Rhayader and Elan Valley. All fab.

View attachment 14699
(B4407 - watch out for sheep!)

Duly noted!

Assume I could turn back north so I can go through pen-y-pas. I like that there road

Going to have to get the road planner back out 😂
 
Best mod I’ve done to mine to date! 😂 But then mine was rattling away like billi-o
Mine was shocking. The plate the dealer fitted is thin metal, and I had to take it off and stick little bits of rubber on the back to stop it rattling against the paintwork - which it surely would have damaged overtime.
 
Had my indy change the gearbox, transfer box and rear diff oils .

Car has done 5k miles and the diff and transfer box oils were black. Gearbox not too bad.
 
Had my indy change the gearbox, transfer box and rear diff oils .

Car has done 5k miles and the diff and transfer box oils were black. Gearbox not too bad.
First time? I did mine after 2000km, 1000km soft run-in and after that 1000km hard run-in. Next will be 20000km (road use only).
 
First time? I did mine after 2000km, 1000km soft run-in and after that 1000km hard run-in. Next will be 20000km (road use only).

It might have been @Yaris San who posted elsewhere that having changed these frequently, it was after 8k miles that the transfer and rear diff oils were looking clear.
 
yes correct second oil change for diff and transfer box oil is clear

Will see how it looks at 20kkm, I'm thinking that it's the right balance for my use after the 2kkm change after running in (hard).
 
Washed it again, and fixed my mud flap. Looks like a bolt came out. Got some new stuff for washing the wheels too, seemed break down the stuff so it cleaned off pretty easily afterwards.

Did my usual little checks, pressures and a monthly top up of the washer fluid. Got its check Tuesday so I want it cleaned enough no one wants to bother to wash it.
 
Back
Top