GR86 Weird fluid / grease in engine bay

TIOAOIN

New member
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
8
Location
Lincolnshire
I just opened the bonnet for the first time….

And I can see this strange light green stuff in many places…. It’s in so many places that I assume it’s some sort of protective spray?!?! Any input from you lot? Should I be worried?!

IMG_1899.webp


IMG_1900.webp


IMG_1901.webp


IMG_1902.webp
 
Totally normal, had it on the old car. It's just an anti corrosion coating. I think it usually wears off after a few years.
 
Have it on my car to, on the brake module. Been told it's a corrosion protection, which makes sense
 
Yuck! That’s way messy! I’d clean that off and replace with ACF50 or Scottoiler FS365 if it were mine.
 
Thanks guys, I’d pretty much come to that conclusion from how it felt / all the different locations it was in, but it’s nice to have some reassurance!
 
Phew! Just opened the bonnet for a quick oil check, not noticed this green stuff all over the place before, panicked for a few minutes, and then consulted ‘the zoo’. You’ve saved my sanity and weekend with this thread - thank you! 🙏

IMG_8085.webp
IMG_8083.webp
 
It looks grim doesn't it. I tried getting it off the old car, big mistake, was a nightmare. Would definitely recommend to leave it and let it do it's job :LOL:
 
+ extra points/value when you go to sell it at a massively inflated price in 30/40 years time when you’re too arthritic to get in and out. Clamouring of prospective buyers who want to impress a bearded man with a clipboard at a concourse event or simply brag to other nerds their car still has the OEM factory wax caked over everything in the engine bay will ensue 😅
 
Back
Top