GR Yaris Vacuum leak after 1000 cc Bosch port injector + Lamspeed fuel rail install

User1029

Absorbed member
Joined
Oct 20, 2024
Messages
43
Reaction score
58
I just had Bosch 1000cc injectors installed with Lamspeed fuel rail. Now I have a vacuum leak according to my tuner and my long term fuel trims are up to -20. I’m bringing the car into the shop next week to check for any leaks. My shop said they had to use other injectors seals and not the ones that came from Bosch. They preliminarily think that is where the vacuum leak could be coming from. There’s no fuel smell or CEL currently.

The car currently has Artec turbo, Kelford A cams, and tuned on E30 Flexfuel with Ecutek.
 
We had to add injector spacers too to clear the Weldspeed intake manifold. Just a pain of an install and likely where the vacuum leak could be coming from.
 
We found two vacuum leaks with the smoke test, one at the intake filter hose and another at charge pipe. No smoking from the injectors or fuel rail. We fixed all those leaks but my long term fuel trim still at -16. I don’t know what could still be causing the car to pull so much fuel after the injector install. The map is scaled for 1000cc injectors.
 


when I’m just holding the car at 2k rpms, I’m getting a lot of misfires in cylinder 1 (as high as 19). I think that maybe the leaky Bosch injector. I’ll have it replaced and hopefully that fixes my fuel trims!
 


when I’m just holding the car at 2k rpms, I’m getting a lot of misfires in cylinder 1 (as high as 19). I think that maybe the leaky Bosch injector. I’ll have it replaced and hopefully that fixes my fuel trims!
Swapping out the Bosch injectors for another set got rid of the misfires in cylinder 1!
 
Graham also rescaled the MAF after we got the vacuum leaks fixed and now the fuel trims are normal. After all this drama, we can finally tune for E50!

It was a very confusing puzzle of vacuum leak + malfunctioning cylinder 1 port injector. The WOT datalogs just now look great with normal fuel trims and lambda target back to 0.8. I’ll be able to sleep at night now haha
 
Last edited:
Back
Top