GR Yaris Undercarriage Cleaning (Not Yaris Specific)

Germy

Devoted member
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
94
Reaction score
106
Being a member of a few classic car groups I spotted a discussion about cleaning the underside of classics that get used through Winter.

Someone recommended a wheeled undercarriage cleaner that attaches to your jet wash making it easier to rinse your hard to reach areas.

On Amazon these things are about £40 with the relevant jet wash adapter another £8

The Karcher branded equivalent is £250 odd 😬

I've ordered one so will see what it's like.

This is the link Amazon product ASIN B08MZYZ8HM
Worth noting that there are others, but these need an industrial jet wash to be effective (1500psi upwards)

I'll post an update once I've had a chance to test it out
 
think once have applied something like Lanoguard which many on here have just reg jet wash would work as hi pressure could try displace the product
 
Being a member of a few classic car groups I spotted a discussion about cleaning the underside of classics that get used through Winter.

Someone recommended a wheeled undercarriage cleaner that attaches to your jet wash making it easier to rinse your hard to reach areas.

On Amazon these things are about £40 with the relevant jet wash adapter another £8

The Karcher branded equivalent is £250 odd 😬

I've ordered one so will see what it's like.

This is the link Amazon product ASIN B08MZYZ8HM
Worth noting that there are others, but these need an industrial jet wash to be effective (1500psi upwards)

I'll post an update once I've had a chance to test it out
Interested in this but the link doesn’t work for me?
 
Like MR J I also tend to use gel douche

I also get under there now and then just to have a quick check for any rust bubbles that may have formed, better safe than sorry!
 
Inspired by this video, I did pick up the patio cleaner attachment for my Aldi specialbuy pressure washer:



At the very least it looks like it's a good way of getting some water jetting upwards. I can't tell you whether it works or not because I don't have a driveway or anywhere to use my pressure washer. Still, one day...
 
think once have applied something like Lanoguard which many on here have just reg jet wash would work as hi pressure could try displace the product
The attachment goes on your normal home Karcher or similar and you can roll it under the car to reach areas you'll never get to with a hose.
It does not increase pressure.
Lanoguard doesn't come off with road spray so it's also not going to come off with this (remember the power of the jet wash reduces the further it need to push the water)
 
I’d already tried that, but lots came up, none for £40. Is it the “Koet” one for £46.50?
Ah that's cause it's sold out 😔 there were a few others (basically the same design) for similar prices

Screenshot_20220126-160403_Amazon Shopping.webp
 
I’ve been using the karcher one for years and it’s great

I’ve been using on the Yaris every wash since they gritted the roads late last year as I usually only use the car on rural roads and the state of my drive way after shows the amount of crap which would otherwise be stuck to the car

Only takes an extra 10 mins to do the chassis as I snow foam and jet wash the car each wash anyway so it’s not much more sale doing the chassis


I use the soap dispenser nozzle to pre wash with auto finesse verso and mix in some TFR then blast it with the chassis cleaner then fill the dispenser with atom-Mac and jobs done


I have put lanoguard on the car the day I got it and it hasn’t removed this but it does get rid of the mud/salt/sand/grit really well
 
Back
Top