AaronGR
New member
- Feb 8, 2022
- 15
- 23
Here are some videos and a brief review of my recently installed TRD exhaust.
All my comments are my own personal opinions .. I know exhaust sound is a very personal taste, and the true reflection doesn’t come across on video.
But it gives you an idea.
Fitment:
The fitment is perfect.. the actual exhaust fits brilliantly, as well as the rear additional bumper trim.
You need to be brave as it does involve cutting apart the rear black section of your bumper.
( comes with templates to stick on and it shows you were to cut and drill)
But overall the look and fitment is spot on.
Quality is also very good.
My modification to the system:
Watching videos of this kit online, I loved the tone and sound of this kit, but seeing as it is a Jap OEM part, I thought it would be a little too quiet.
So I pre-empted this and bought a section of exhaust to remove the mid resonator.
Once fitted My thoughts on volume was correct, so I fitted the resonator delete pipe.
( Involved cutting out the resonator )
Sound:
Oh boy … in my own opinion, it sounds brilliant! All the other kits on the market sound way too low and full of bass.. I prefer a slightly higher tone exhaust.
With the resonator delete, this kit on cold start up sounds nice. Really has character and reminds me of my Abarth 595 Competizione.
No louder than my Miltek resonated system on cold stern up.
Giving the car a light Rev on cold start up makes the exhaust bark. (I like that .. because I am a child )
Once warm the sound drops dramatically,
And when driving around normally it is very civilised.
Zero drone inside the cabin at any speed or any load.
When accelerating hard you can hear a nice rasp sound and it just has a very nice tone to it.
( noticeably quieter then my resonated Miltek kit I had on previous whilst driving. )
Overall I am very impressed, and love the sound of this kit.
It’s the sound I was looking for and is very usable daily.
All my comments are my own personal opinions .. I know exhaust sound is a very personal taste, and the true reflection doesn’t come across on video.
But it gives you an idea.
Fitment:
The fitment is perfect.. the actual exhaust fits brilliantly, as well as the rear additional bumper trim.
You need to be brave as it does involve cutting apart the rear black section of your bumper.
( comes with templates to stick on and it shows you were to cut and drill)
But overall the look and fitment is spot on.
Quality is also very good.
My modification to the system:
Watching videos of this kit online, I loved the tone and sound of this kit, but seeing as it is a Jap OEM part, I thought it would be a little too quiet.
So I pre-empted this and bought a section of exhaust to remove the mid resonator.
Once fitted My thoughts on volume was correct, so I fitted the resonator delete pipe.
( Involved cutting out the resonator )
Sound:
Oh boy … in my own opinion, it sounds brilliant! All the other kits on the market sound way too low and full of bass.. I prefer a slightly higher tone exhaust.
With the resonator delete, this kit on cold start up sounds nice. Really has character and reminds me of my Abarth 595 Competizione.
No louder than my Miltek resonated system on cold stern up.
Giving the car a light Rev on cold start up makes the exhaust bark. (I like that .. because I am a child )
Once warm the sound drops dramatically,
And when driving around normally it is very civilised.
Zero drone inside the cabin at any speed or any load.
When accelerating hard you can hear a nice rasp sound and it just has a very nice tone to it.
( noticeably quieter then my resonated Miltek kit I had on previous whilst driving. )
Overall I am very impressed, and love the sound of this kit.
It’s the sound I was looking for and is very usable daily.
