JonBon
Obsessed member
Gazoo
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
OOS: out of stock - how fitting
Today is the big day for Car Collection (finally!) and I had hoped to land and see these plates I had ordered from adorning the car:
View attachment 14202
However I was informed earlier today from the dealership that they are not fully UK legal as they don't have the 'Suppliers Postcode' on the bottom...
Needless to say this is the first I've ever heard of this, as my own car, along with many others on my street, have completely plain plates with no such number.
BUT did some digging and by the latter of the law, they are required! Not that I think its strictly enforced (my many years of MOT attest to that) I think it may be a case of Listers Cov being very risk averse..!
ANYWAY they are slapping their own plates on it for now and giving me spare adhesive to swap later if I want.
Just means I can't show off my square plated rear end just yet![]()
I'm afraid I don't - I've been busy trying to break 1000milesCurious if you’ve got the JDM/square plate on as yet and what size it is?
The euro oblong plates are jarring to my eyes and a bit clumsy looking so I’m toying with throwing a 6x12 plate on front and rear.
I can definitely understand the hierarchy of priorities thereI'm afraid I don't - I've been busy trying to break 1000miles
Yeah, I'm keen to have a look aswell, but before I commit I can try mock up the rear plate and take some pics to give you (and me) and idea of how it would look.
Pretty sure I ended up getting an 11x8. Will confirm when I get a pic![]()
So I ordered the above from the toyota parts direct website and got a message back to say:May be of some interest to you on this thread - part SU003-09277 currently with a bit off on the Toyota Direct Parts site…
![]()
Toyota GR-86 Number Plate Bracket | Genuine Toyota Parts UK | Official Supplier
Toyota GR-86 Number Plate Bracket available from Toyota Direct Parts | Official Toyota Parts Supplier UK | Genuine OEM quality with fast, secure UK delivery.toyotadirectparts.co.uk
Sorry if im abit confused. I haven't read through this thread in a while, but there is a back plate for UK sized reg plates, one for US plates, and One for JDM?So I ordered the above from the toyota parts direct website and got a message back to say:
"Thank you for your order. Upon checking the fitment of these parts, I can see that this part is incorrect for your vehicle.
I can refund the order for you and create and send you the link for the correct part, It's a little more expensive at £60.31
Let me know how you would like to proceed."
I replied back to say it's listed as: Toyota GR-86 Number Plate Bracket (#SU003-09277) so why wouldn't it fit and that I don't want the UK style plate?
They agreed to send me it but with the comment:
"I can proceed with the order but please be advised that you won't be able to return it should it not be what you want."
Surely if it's listed as a GR86 there are no other variants - oh well, if it doesn't fit I'll take one for the forum as it looks like no returns......
Although seems a bit odd they say no refund even though there's a 14 day returns policy on their website.
Cheers, I was looking for the JDM version to go on the front, may give my local parts guy a call instead....Sorry if im abit confused. I haven't read through this thread in a while, but there is a back plate for UK sized reg plates, one for US plates, and One for JDM?
I think the one listed on that site was listed at the request of one of the forum members, and its not the UK version. You can just phone your dealer's parts staff to get a UK one however.
My order from toyota direct arrived and looks like the one in the previous posts so it looks like it is the correct part, not had time to fit yet. My JDM plates also arrived and looks to be a good fit so will be fitting these to front and rears for the JDM look.Did anyone have success with sourcing and fitting the JDM front plate mount? Also is anyone rolling with square import plates on their 86 yet?
The JDM mount works perfectly - I just didn't like the small plate look.Did anyone have success with sourcing and fitting the JDM front plate mount? Also is anyone rolling with square import plates on their 86 yet?
Now posted in the market place, if anyones interested mail meAs my relationship with the GR86 ended prematurely I now have a number plate I no longer have need of. I bought it a few days after placing my deposit back in April 2022. I’m happy to give folk on the forum the opportunity to get hold of it before I put it up for sale in various places. I‘m not in a hurry to move it on but it would look far better on a GR86 than anything else. Drop me a PM if you are interested, I’ll be formally putting it in the For Sale section in due course.
View attachment 16118
The JDM mount works perfectly - I just didn't like the small plate look.
Looks great, is that the dealer supplied front plate holder and what size plate did you plump for with it? The dealer has ordered in my plate holder but isn't sure whate size plate to put in. I've got a 4 digit private plate to go on.Fitted my short plates today with the plate mount. Love it!