GR Yaris The moment you realise the GRY isn't that quick.

Gyp

Totally Hooked
Joined
Mar 2, 2022
Messages
518
Reaction score
783
The bit I enjoy most about the Yaris is booting it on steeply uphill sections, where the turbo is spooling fast as the engine is already under load, and you really shoot off up the hill in a way that no car ought to.

Last night the missus and a couple of her mates were getting together for a girlie evening. I got the job of collecting them and delivering them to the venue so decided as we had to go to some of the lumpier bits of the Cotswolds, that the Yaris would be the vehicle of choice.

What I discovered was once the ladies where in that zone where they were all talking at once at pace and max volume and at a pitch that only dogs could fully appreciate, no amount of mashing the loud pedal into the carpet could distract them.

I brought them home in the other car, them remarking that it was actually quite spacious for a Yaris and enjoying the LED lighting and full length moonroof, without noticing that it had gained 2 doors, was about 4ft longer, was grey rather than red, and made by Skoda rather than Toyota.

Ah well, I think I'll just enjoy the Yaris on my own.
 
I wouldn’t worry I once took two girls to a prom in my GTR and they were much more interested in their conversation, including just leaning into the corners and carrying on lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gyp
You should’ve yanked the handbrake on. That gets em
Considering how easy the windscreens seem to crack, I'd not risk it as I'm not sure how it would cope with half a dozen bottles of prosecco the mascara and half a dozen lipsticks and possibly 3 poorly secured squealing women hitting it hard from the inside.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jip
I went out for my first recreational drive, last Saturday. Mrs Araf stayed at home. A mixture of roads around and across the marshes of Kent and Sussex, we managed around 170 miles in a few (early) hours.
Thoroughly enjoyable drive. The Yaris makes a lot of sense. 😎
1651696340419.png


ps. The Yaris is plenty quick. :)
 
To be fair, if that was at night, red does look grey. And if they are anything like my mum, that is the only defining feature of a car, and it takes roughly 2 days years on average for her to realise I changed cars. So all is in order then, carry on...
 
Considering how easy the windscreens seem to crack, I'd not risk it as I'm not sure how it would cope with half a dozen bottles of prosecco the mascara and half a dozen lipsticks and possibly 3 poorly secured squealing women hitting it hard from the inside.
Sounds like a party
 
Back
Top