GR Yaris The daily.

Araf

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
22 miles from Calais
Yeah, not a fan of the wheels, but can't deny that colour is stunning!
Now that I know 17s work, I'll probably be looking for something else for the summer tyres - and have TPMS monitors fitted - probably Borbet Y or BBS SR wheels in a dark grey.

Araf

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
22 miles from Calais
Aha, they sit surprisingly narrow on a 7" wide rim, not the widest 225 then?
Sorry, just checked and they are 7.5J not 7J. Sorry
1654636758305.png

Reactions: Onehp

Araf

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
22 miles from Calais
Brands Hatch evening session.
Well, that went well - no, it truely did. :)
More than happy with the progressive movement of the Rainsport tyres. They have slowed the car down as both other Yarises were circulating quicker. I don know that one had been to Litchfield, I didn't speak to the other driver.

Front and rear Dashcam footage of a lap. :)

Reactions: SW230

Araf

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
22 miles from Calais
Windscreen has cracked today.

Now, I have been dismissive of others in the past (sorry), with these 'fragile' screens but I've felt right along the crack and there's no impact damage I can feel with my fingernail.

I'll be seeing Toyota about this.

Has anyone got anywhere with Toyota?

Araf

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
22 miles from Calais

Now, I have been dismissive of others in the past (sorry), with these 'fragile' screens but I've felt right along the crack and there's no impact damage I can feel with my fingernail.

Just checked the screen again, before ringing Toyota and I've found the impact, just below the wiper blade. 🤭

Better to make a fool of myself here than with Toyota. I guess it's just bad luck and I'll get it replaced on my car insurance...

Reactions: MrJ

Yahonza

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021

Didn't even try and paid for the replacement. 'Impact' in the same place as yours - just below the wiper blade. It may be a weakness though, rather than impact damage - who knows...Make sure whoever replaces it has all of the correct seals for the glass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Araf

coded2112

Dedicated member
Dec 16, 2021
Mine has got a chip in it from a bouncing stone from a tipper lorry! Was impressed the stone did not do more damage tbh!

Are screens easy to get at the moment, i seemed to recall them being expensive and difficult to get??

I may be wrong, i often am!! Lol

kinboshi

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 25, 2021
Rutland
Mine has got a chip in it from a bouncing stone from a tipper lorry! Was impressed the stone did not do more damage tbh!

Are screens easy to get at the moment, i seemed to recall them being expensive and difficult to get??

I may be wrong, i often am!! Lol
Mine had a similar thing happen with a stone kicked-up by a lorry. Made a hell of a bang, but the window held up well. It also survived a kamikaze pigeon (the pigeon is no longer with us).

Araf

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
22 miles from Calais
Switched back to 18s at the weekend, ready for the service today (at dealer as I type). The 17s definitely give an improved ride and it wasn't placebo from buying something I didn't need.
New 17s have now been ordered for the car and TPM sensors will be fitted to these, so no need to go back to 18s in future.

Reactions: Onehp

bl88coe

Fascinated Member
Dec 16, 2021
Switched back to 18s at the weekend, ready for the service today (at dealer as I type). The 17s definitely give an improved ride and it wasn't placebo from buying something I didn't need.
New 17s have now been ordered for the car and TPM sensors will be fitted to these, so no need to go back to 18s in future.
What have you ordered? Would like to see someone with evocorse sanremozero 17 inch

Araf

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
22 miles from Calais
Just for those not liking the 6 spoke look (which will be the winters in future), here's the car on the standard 18s. I think the 6 spoke 17s look better. ;)

Attachments

302177985_369633165369935_1537059547050165845_n.jpg