GR86 Test Drives Email!

Just been advised that we

If you’re getting it from Lincoln then they get their demo later this week. Me and one other customer (collecting a GR86 from them in the next two years) are the only two people allowed to drive their demo apart from the “sales handover” person who is going to Goodwood tomorrow to be taught how to thrash one round a track and then conscientiously hand them over to customers.

Apparently when the two demo drives are done it’s going in the showroom so everyone can see something they can’t have. Don’t know how long it will stay with them before Toyota want it back.

I’m booked in for Monday next week.

They are not my "handover" dealer but are the closest GR centre. I'll just go cry in the corner, haha.

Did they say how long they are allowing you with the car?
 
Called my dealer, told I can't book a test drive yet.. car was meant to be delivered on the 10th and hasn't turned up, will only get 30 minutes supervised due to new Toyota dealer rules? Seems a shame really, and kinda annoying to be emailed telling me to call my dealer for a test drive when dealers aren't accepting appointments yet..
 
will only get 30 minutes supervised due to new Toyota dealer rules?
May as well not bother!

Reminds me of when I once test drove an E92 M3 at Arnold Clark and was instructed to do 4 left turns, all in 30 mph roads, and ended up back at the dealership having learnt bugger all.
 
Last edited:
May as well not bother!

Reminds me of when I once test drove an E92 M3 at Arnold Clark and was instructed to do 4 left turns, all in 30 mph roads, and ended up back at the dealership having learnt bugger all.
It doesn’t have dual controls. Drive it like you stole it… what they gonna do, other than scream??
 
Just been advised that we

If you’re getting it from Lincoln then they get their demo later this week. Me and one other customer (collecting a GR86 from them in the next two years) are the only two people allowed to drive their demo apart from the “sales handover” person who is going to Goodwood tomorrow to be taught how to thrash one round a track and then conscientiously hand them over to customers.

Apparently when the two demo drives are done it’s going in the showroom so everyone can see something they can’t have. Don’t know how long it will stay with them before Toyota want it back.

I’m booked in for Monday next week.
Wonder what happens for the rest of us with deliveries in a years time. Would be a bummer if the demos are only for the first batch and we then can't get a look in. Even though there is no way we wouldn't be still going through, would be nice to drive it beforehand.
 
Wonder what happens for the rest of us with deliveries in a years time. Would be a bummer if the demos are only for the first batch and we then can't get a look in. Even though there is no way we wouldn't be still going through, would be nice to drive it beforehand.
My understanding is that everyone with a confirmed order will be invited to have a test drive , it’s those folk with cars in the U.K. or inbound are getting the first invites. 👍
 
It will be an interesting conversation with the Toyota Online Team regarding test drives for those of us who ordered the auto , the ”sorry we don’t have one” doesn’t wash as GU72 TFN , Pearl White Automatic , registered 25.10.2022 was at at Goodwood For the dealer bash/thrash/whatever it was. If they can get it to Goodwood for Toyota Staff to thrash about, they can get it to Hull for me to have a go 🤷‍♂️

Anyone with an auto on order please memorise GU72 TFN and quote to the online team if you get ”sorry“ etc.

I could be completely wrong and the response is “You are pleased to hear we have an automatic and will have it delivered to your nominated collection dealership at a date which is convenient to yourself , subject to availability on that day , hope you enjoy your test drive” 🤷‍♂️

What do you think is more likely 🤔😂😂😂
 
Demo has arrived at Toyota Cambridge. Booked in for a test drive on Tuesday afternoon - coincidently the same colour as the car I've ordered.
IMG_1771.webp
IMG_1772.webp
 
Stopped at Bracknell quickly on the way home, no car in sight unless it was in being prepared. Actually thought I might get to see one in the metal for a short moment earlier :ROFLMAO:
 
Stopped at Bracknell quickly on the way home, no car in sight unless it was in being prepared. Actually thought I might get to see one in the metal for a short moment earlier :ROFLMAO:
You didn't go and have a poke around the workshop!? Come on! 😛

I did wonder if they'd call me at some point.......
 
When I spoke to Bracknell yesterday, they didn't seem to have a clue when they were going to get their demo 🤷‍♂️

They haven't inspired me with much confidence thus far...
 
I hadn't heard from my nominated dealer for a while (I was a later order so to be expected really) so rang them and it turns out the person I was dealing with has left. I asked if anyone from their branch went to Goodwood yesterday - "no". How much should I charge them to train their replacement member of staff to bring them up to speed?
 
When I spoke to Bracknell yesterday, they didn't seem to have a clue when they were going to get their demo 🤷‍♂️

They haven't inspired me with much confidence thus far...
Maybe they'll know when it shows up! :P
 
Stopped in to Bracknell just now. Electric blue manual demo apparently delivered in the last hour. In the workshop, not allowed see it. Test drives likely available from next week.
Dammit, that's karma for me leaving work at lunchtime :ROFLMAO:
 
Those wheel covers make it look like some poverty spec EV.
 
Back
Top