GR86 Straightforward question: Standard/original vs. modified/personalised

I will:


  • Total voters
    46
I'm changing the interior, door, boot and reverse lights to LEDs when I get the car.

I will likely get the mud guards as well to protect the paint work a tad.

Depending on how bad the audio system is, I may look into upgrading it and doing some DIY noise dampening inside the car.

In the future I may disable the fake sound in the cabin and look for an aftermarket exhaust if I'm not happy it.

Wheels and brakes change is also on the cards.

So I guess I'm in the "Modify the car" group but will definitely keep it as stock as possible overall.
 
1669218966158.webp


Does getting the floor mats count as modding?
 
I voted to keep as standard, although I'll go for the ducktail spoiler and mudflaps as dealer fitment options before delivery. I'm also planning on keeping it longterm, so will likely improve it over the years as things fail / need replacing, such as a exhaust, brakes, etc.
 
Having tested the GR86 in Ignition Red the other day and having had a good look at it in daylight (albeit an overcast day) I’m 100% convinced it needs a roof wrap (probably black or Primark Carbon look) to break up the outline. I can’t say I noticed that it hadn’t got the duck tail spoiler so I’m on the fence with that one , but would also go black/Carbon. The bit I didn’t like was the bits of plastic on the back of the front wheel arches but I’m sure I’ve seen nice aftermarket Carbon bits to go there.

@Fox on sabbatical , you may want to add options to the poll , any modifications I do to the car will be either cosmetic or easily reversible , so not strictly “untouched and standard” but nothing which would/should impinge on a warranty claim should I unfortunately need to make one.

43C5EEB8-F34D-4C71-96AC-9B507369F5D6.webp
 
Having tested the GR86 in Ignition Red the other day and having had a good look at it in daylight (albeit an overcast day) I’m 100% convinced it needs a roof wrap (probably black or Primark Carbon look) to break up the outline. I can’t say I noticed that it hadn’t got the duck tail spoiler so I’m on the fence with that one , but would also go black/Carbon. The bit I didn’t like was the bits of plastic on the back of the front wheel arches but I’m sure I’ve seen nice aftermarket Carbon bits to go there.

@Fox on sabbatical , you may want to add options to the poll , any modifications I do to the car will be either cosmetic or easily reversible , so not strictly “untouched and standard” but nothing which would/should impinge on a warranty claim should I unfortunately need to make one.

View attachment 10301
gloss black PPF is my plan. I'm not sure how i'm going to do the shark fin though might try and take it off and spray
 
Back
Top