GR Yaris Steamy windows whilst parked

timgeester1000

New member
Joined
Jun 22, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
16
Any suggestions how I can stop this happening or what might be causing it? I have owned the car for 2 years and this has happened once in a while but right now it is constant. I have checked all the seals etc but it is baffling me!
 
Any suggestions how I can stop this happening or what might be causing it? I have owned the car for 2 years and this has happened once in a while but right now it is constant. I have checked all the seals etc but it is baffling me!
Pump out moist from the car by having the heater quite hot (on the unoccupied side if present) and taking care of letting all hot air out at or just before the destination (open doors wide resp open windows for ~1min). Can also been done when driving if particularly bad (heat then vent cycle several times over).
 
I have the same. Seems to be bit random - sometime it happens while driving and other times not.
 
They do have a habit of holding a bit of water in the doors after using a pressure washer, I always notice that when you lower and raise the windows afterwards, there's a lot of water on the glass. Could contribute?
 
They do have a habit of holding a bit of water in the doors after using a pressure washer, I always notice that when you lower and raise the windows afterwards, there's a lot of water on the glass. Could contribute?
this could be it. its actually bit strange but they are wet for quite some time after washing. luckily doors are aluminum so not that prone to corrosion.
 
If you have condensation you have some moisture in the car somewhere. Get it warm, A/C on, turn off recirc to help reduce the humidity.

This time of year rubber floor mats and boot mat help, they dry off much quicker than carpet.
 
I have the same issue with my GR86. I don't even need to go out in it just leaving it on the drive in the sun is enough to get condensation, it's the reverse of the coke bottle out of the fridge effect. The sun heats up the air in the interior and when the sun goes down and the outside air cools the outside of the glass the interior still has residual heat and produces condensation. I had the same issue with a 2005 MINI and was convinced it must have a leak (well it was on old MINI so why wouldn't it?) but I went over the whole car bumper to bumper top to bottom and it was absolutely bone dry, the condensation issue only really happens during late Autumn through Winter and early spring. I found dropping the windows by a few mm to leave a small air gap reduced the problem.
 
Any suggestions how I can stop this happening or what might be causing it? I have owned the car for 2 years and this has happened once in a while but right now it is constant. I have checked all the seals etc but it is baffling me!
Do you keep the a/c on all the time?
 
Good points on door drainage @Els

Another tip is to always leave AC on. Effective dehumidifier and keeping it on means AC seals stay moist and in good shape preventin problems later on. If it's too cold it will deactivate itself anyway and neither will it sap performance as on WOT most systems will not run the AC compressor anyway.
 
Yep I dry out all my cars with the A/C ON all year round. It zaps that moisture away! Although I agree with above. The current crazy weather made our office windows steam up for the first time in 15 years. It was bizarre... o_O
:giggle: (y)
 
Am I right in remembering if you switch air-con on, it defaults to recirc? That obviously makes sense in hot weather, but maybe less so in winter? I’ve got a vague recollection of switching that feature off with Carista a couple of years ago, but that feels like a long time ago and my memory is hazy!
 
removed the dust seals from doors bottom. no water in door at least so need to see if there is any effect.
 
Am I right in remembering if you switch air-con on, it defaults to recirc? That obviously makes sense in hot weather, but maybe less so in winter? I’ve got a vague recollection of switching that feature off with Carista a couple of years ago, but that feels like a long time ago and my memory is hazy!
No the outside air button is highlighted for me... 😁 (y)

Althought for symmetrical reasons the Zone button isn't highlighted green on the passenger side like it is the other side for Auto... that bugs people!! 😅 :ROFLMAO: :p
 
Back
Top