GR Yaris Recaro CS sportster with airbags

I just had some pre wired Toyota airbag plugs arrive. To be honest I am amazed that they actually turned up and checking them they are identical to the OEM. What I have found with the Lexus plug and vw terminal is that there is a very very small difference with the pin and that can result in some longitudinal movement. So far this has only been when plugging the two connectors together and simply required that the wires be held when the plugs are connected. In service there has been no movement but given I have over 20 years training invested into my Mrs I was not happy with anything other than perfect.

I have a set spare if anyone needs a set.

D9CA46C6-17CE-47EC-A287-BA23C8AC5683.webp
 
Hi I bit the bullet and bought a seat base , seatbelt light now comes on when weight is senced and off when you plug in
Hi Amanda, could you perhaps share some pictures of the wiring you've done?
I've also got a drivers side belt lock on my passenger side Pole Position and that has different wiring from a passenger side one (there's no way to plug in the occupancy sensor).
Have you gone and wired up the drivers side belt lock on the codrivers side with the passenger side belt lock wiring?
As in you've opened up the Belt lock assembly?
Or am I missing something here that would make my life easier than having to rewire my belt lock with the wiring that was originally on the passenger seat?
 
Hi Amanda, could you perhaps share some pictures of the wiring you've done?
I've also got a drivers side belt lock on my passenger side Pole Position and that has different wiring from a passenger side one (there's no way to plug in the occupancy sensor).
Have you gone and wired up the drivers side belt lock on the codrivers side with the passenger side belt lock wiring?
As in you've opened up the Belt lock assembly?
Or am I missing something here that would make my life easier than having to rewire my belt lock with the wiring that was originally on the passenger seat?
Hi , I bought a hybrid one from a gr sport as the gr sport as height adjustable seats hence the flexible seatbelt buckle , it’s compatible but you do have to really push the seat belt in and make sure it’s locked , but it appears to be working fine , seatbelt light Comes on the dash when seat is sat in and goes our when bent is plugged in
 
Hi , I bought a hybrid one from a gr sport as the gr sport as height adjustable seats hence the flexible seatbelt buckle , it’s compatible but you do have to really push the seat belt in and make sure it’s locked , but it appears to be working fine , seatbelt light Comes on the dash when seat is sat in and goes our when bent is plugged in
Thank you very much for the info, I'll look into it and decide which route to go for!
 
Quick update on my solution:
I ended up deciding to go for the swap route.
I opened up my original codriver belt buckle as well as the drivers one that I am using on the passenger side for my Recaro pole positions.
I took out the sensor from the codriver belt buckle and swapped it over to my drivers buckle as it has the correct wiring attached to it to enable you to plug in the occupancy sensor.
Besides having to swap over the sensor this was basically plug and play - took me about an hour all in.
 
Quick update on my solution:
I ended up deciding to go for the swap route.
I opened up my original codriver belt buckle as well as the drivers one that I am using on the passenger side for my Recaro pole positions.
I took out the sensor from the codriver belt buckle and swapped it over to my drivers buckle as it has the correct wiring attached to it to enable you to plug in the occupancy sensor.
Besides having to swap over the sensor this was basically plug and play - took me about an hour all in.
I briefly opened my passenger side up but didn’t think there was a way as it was on the metal bracket iirc all the bits needed so couldn’t swap it into the flexible drivers , probably too late noe but I’d be interested to see pics of what you have done
 
I briefly opened my passenger side up but didn’t think there was a way as it was on the metal bracket iirc all the bits needed so couldn’t swap it into the flexible drivers , probably too late noe but I’d be interested to see pics of what you have done
I did it quickly so I've unfortunately not taken any photos while the buckle was taken apart, it's however as simple as unscrewing and then taking apart the plastic shell of the buckle and lifting up the locking mechanism slightly. You'll then be able to pull out the sensor which is a very simple part that senses if the locking mechanism is pulled up (locked) or pressed in (unlocked).
The sensor is constructed in the same way on the codriver buckle as in the drivers side buckle so it's really as simple as swapping the part over.
The only downside to this solution is that the wiring that I've taken out of the codriver Buckle is just long enough when pulling the seat all the way forward to load something onto the Back seats. It works and it's not like the connectors or the occupation sensor are being pulled apart but I'd feel even better about it if the cable was about 2cm longer - maybe a job for another time.
 
I did it quickly so I've unfortunately not taken any photos while the buckle was taken apart, it's however as simple as unscrewing and then taking apart the plastic shell of the buckle and lifting up the locking mechanism slightly. You'll then be able to pull out the sensor which is a very simple part that senses if the locking mechanism is pulled up (locked) or pressed in (unlocked).
The sensor is constructed in the same way on the codriver buckle as in the drivers side buckle so it's really as simple as swapping the part over.
The only downside to this solution is that the wiring that I've taken out of the codriver Buckle is just long enough when pulling the seat all the way forward to load something onto the Back seats. It works and it's not like the connectors or the occupation sensor are being pulled apart but I'd feel even better about it if the cable was about 2cm longer - maybe a job for another time.
Hi I’ve done it , god knows why I didn’t notice you could do this as I had them apart at the beginning , the hybrid buckle did do the job but you had to really give it a shove for it buckle up , where as a proper GR 4 one just buckles up with a light push , I have bought a spare passenger as my seats are boxed away so didn’t want to take mine off , so as it stands ive bought a drivers buckle , a passenger buckle and hybrid passenger buckle 🤦‍♀️
 
Back
Top