GR86 Power Loss/Reluctance to rev

I have a theory for those that have experienced this recently. When the icy roads warning comes up, I feel as if the throttle is less responsive.

Had this earlier too when the warning was on. I went on a drive later in the evening (no warning) and it was back to normal, then when the warning came on mid-drive, I felt a difference in throttle response.

Might just be a coincidence. Would be interesting to see if anyone notices anything similar.
 
I have a theory for those that have experienced this recently. When the icy roads warning comes up, I feel as if the throttle is less responsive.

Had this earlier too when the warning was on. I went on a drive later in the evening (no warning) and it was back to normal, then when the warning came on mid-drive, I felt a difference in throttle response.

Might just be a coincidence. Would be interesting to see if anyone notices anything similar.
No icy road warning for me, was 6° when it happened. Did try disengaging the traction/stability to see if they were interfering at all but no change.
 
Happened to me first in July and then again in September, so definitely not that. Haven't had it since though.
 
I have had this happen to me, only once. Plenty of fuel, in the summer, no warning lights. Restarted and it was fine. It has not (yet) repeated itself.

I think all this talk of fuel level, icy warning etc are red herrings. I think there is either a universal bug in the mapping somewhere, or perhaps a sensor malfunction, that only manifests in particular circumstances.
 
Has anyone used an OBD reader to see if it flagged up anything? It won't always put the EML on.
 
Has anyone used an OBD reader to see if it flagged up anything? It won't always put the EML on.
I did think about using Techstream to see if it maybe logged anything...but frankly, I wouldn't know where to start looking, and Techstream is neither very intuitive, nor very fast. So I haven't committed anytime to looking in detail.

I do have a Carista dongle which I've used on other cars, but I think that will only find faults that do trigger an EML. I may try it in the GR later.
 
Back
Top