GR86 Ordering

You don't, they aren't great. They last forever but there are better low grip tyres out there. Primacys turn to wood below 7 degrees and just let go.
I second this, and when they let go its extremely sudden, which resulted with me ending up in a hedge! Swapped them out for pilot sport 4, and do not regret it one bit.
Good to know! I had similar issues with P Zero Corsas that were deadly until warm.
 
Good to know! I had similar issues with P Zero Corsas that were deadly until warm.
As far as the YouTubers of the US go, the PS4's seem to get some pretty good slip angle in the dry on track. Now it has enough torque it seems no issue. And this is a good vid from autocar
And my favourite GR86 vid...
 
This is why I wish we'd get the option of Primacys! Am chopping in 12 cylinders for 4 so I can actually use all of the throttle pedal
I only had 8 cylinders but push the throttle in 3/4/5/6 and you were instantly into losing your licence territory , it sounds appealing but in this country about as much use as a chocolate teapot 🤷‍♂️ I used to get up early to find an empty road but the mobile ”Road Safety Units” had started doing early shifts too 😳
 
That’s a whopping 0.6 of a second slower than the manual (if you don’t fluff the launch and gear change to second) 😉
 
Last edited:
Does Hire Purchase sometimes have better % interest that PCP or worse?
Parking sensors would be useful unless the parking camera is tucked away and kept clean else it'll be useless in winter.
 
Looks like no U.K. cars get parking sensors 🤔 Still can’t see anything on colours 🤷‍♂️
It comes with rear cross traffic alert, which would require parking sensors to work, so I'll be confident it comes with it. I'll ask about it when I'm at the dealer in an hour's time. Colours pricing will be next week when order books go live, looks like black is the no cost option based on the PCP offer example.
 
Does Hire Purchase sometimes have better % interest that PCP or worse?
Parking sensors would be useful unless the parking camera is tucked away and kept clean else it'll be useless in winter.
Generally speaking if you have the same APR for PCP & HP then PCP will look more attractive with lower payments, but the total amount payable will be significantly higher (on the pcp) due to the final option to purchase price. The only time this isn't the case, is when the rate is 0%.
 
Looks like no U.K. cars get parking sensors 🤔 Still can’t see anything on colours 🤷‍♂️
It comes with rear cross traffic alert, which would require parking sensors to work, so I'll be confident it comes with it. I'll ask about it when I'm at the dealer in an hour's time. Colours pricing will be next week when order books go live, looks like black is the no cost option based on the PCP offer example.

From what I've seen the manual doesn't have parking sensors but the auto does. But couldn't say that's gospel truth.

Anyway why would you want parking sensors when you have a rear view camera? Except for up front I can't see a benefit and they are ugly.
 
Only the ‘premium’ trim level? Cheaper than I expected considering it appears to be the better model.
 
From what I've seen the manual doesn't have parking sensors but the auto does. But couldn't say that's gospel truth.

Anyway why would you want parking sensors when you have a rear view camera? Except for up front I can't see a benefit and they are ugly.
No need to worry the GR86 lines won’t be spoiled by ugly parking sensors in the U.K. 😉

403C3CB5-9297-4B13-93E3-06B884DCD569.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZN8
It comes with rear cross traffic alert, which would require parking sensors to work, so I'll be confident it comes with it. I'll ask about it when I'm at the dealer in an hour's time. Colours pricing will be next week when order books go live, looks like black is the no cost option based on the PCP offer example.
Apparently cross traffic alert doesn’t need parking sensors 🤔

B4F14366-90EA-4635-B318-CE7DAE6A0F93.webp
 
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but do 'extras' usually appear later? Parts like the duckbill spoiler? I had also been hoping to have the black decals added to mine that were on the German site... Otherwise I might just get the FOC colour and get it wrapped in an obnoxious colour...
 
I guess so? I have asked the same question to my dealer. I'm hoping we get the same options the Germans do.
 
I guess so? I have asked the same question to my dealer. I'm hoping we get the same options the Germans do.
I'm kind of hoping its's coming , my dealer did say to me that he'd call on Wednesday/Thursday this week to discuss order and place deposit before the books open, maybe that's what he is waiting for...

Although I've also just been looking at wraps and seen a 'Wasabi Green' that looks like it would turn quite a few heads! Although not sure where I'd stand on getting a car wrapped if its on PCP, I guess its not a permanent change...
 
Colours, colours, colours............

 
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but do 'extras' usually appear later? Parts like the duckbill spoiler? I had also been hoping to have the black decals added to mine that were on the German site... Otherwise I might just get the FOC colour and get it wrapped in an obnoxious colour...
According to Toyota UK yesterday there are no options other than a choice of gearbox and colour.
no options.webp
 
According to Toyota UK yesterday there are no options other than a choice of gearbox and colour.
View attachment 3080
I’m sure there will be ways of getting hold of the Toyota duckbill spoiler if you really want one.

I’d rather wait for a decent aftermarket one piece duckbill which replaces the factory fit utilising the original mounting holes rather than something you have to add one by drilling etc. (although some in the US are just fitting with 3M tape) 🤔
 
Back
Top