GR Yaris Ohlins Suspension!

Woody

Fascinated Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
19
Hi all

I'm debating on adding Ohlins Suspension to my Gr Yaris circuit.

Any people out there done the same ?

I realise they cost too much , but I'm interested to hear from owners .

Also if anyone is in the Leicestershire, Northamptonshire area it would be great to meet up.

Thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: Max
I havent taken delivery of my car, but i know Bilstein has a few kits also. they do a PSS10 kit (as used in the GRMN Yaris) as well as a clubsport kit, which has the same internals as what they put in touring cars. I plan on getting the clubsport kit when my car arrives. PSS10 adjusts compression and rebound together, and clubsport has separate adjusters for each.
these suspension kits can often make the ride of your car pretty terrible, but if you dont go crazy with spring rates and dial back the damping settings I'm sure you can get back most of your ride quality for daily driving

Feel free to dm me if youve got any other questions
 
Hi all

I'm debating on adding Ohlins Suspension to my Gr Yaris circuit.

Any people out there done the same ?

I realise they cost too much , but I'm interested to hear from owners .

Also if anyone is in the Leicestershire, Northamptonshire area it would be great to meet up.

Thanks
AFAIK the Ohlins kit from the Swedish HQ (there are other Ohlins already released put together by local Ohlins importers but they are different ones) can be ordered alreadt but delivery times are long if you order now.
 
I'm really interested to see how you get on. It's likely I will be ok the ohlins also. Absolutely loved them on my Golf R, some of the nicest street suspension I've ever used. They were great on the track to but compared so the rivals I'd say they're more fast road orientated than pure track (like clubsports). This works well for me as I already have a dedicated track car. The GR doesn't feel like it's a track toy to me..
 
We have supplied quite a few Ohlins kits for the GR. Honestly they are fantastic, you won't regret it. Ride compliance comfort is improved, on track they are fantastic. the fact they don't have multiple adjustments means you don't get lost in setup hell. Just a great out of the box kit. Highly recommended. We have 2 cars next month in for Ohlins install and setup, and we are carrying out a setup next week on a set on a GR that we shipped to the customer. I'll try remember to pop back here and post some pictures as they are beautiful things to look at.
 
We have supplied quite a few Ohlins kits for the GR. Honestly they are fantastic, you won't regret it. Ride compliance comfort is improved, on track they are fantastic. the fact they don't have multiple adjustments means you don't get lost in setup hell. Just a great out of the box kit. Highly recommended. We have 2 cars next month in for Ohlins install and setup, and we are carrying out a setup next week on a set on a GR that we shipped to the customer. I'll try remember to pop back here and post some pictures as they are beautiful things to look at.

Had mine fitted by Ben at String Theory and couldn't be happier, you get what you pay for and STG are a dream to deal with.

They are pretty also......

IMG_3108.webp
IMG_3120.webp
 
Had mine fitted by Ben at String Theory and couldn't be happier, you get what you pay for and STG are a dream to deal with.

They are pretty also......
You can show those on the living room wall… any feedback on how they feel in compare to stock dampers?

cheers
 
interrested in how to increase comfort with that huge increase of spring rate ?!?
 
I have it installed since 2 Weeks now.
On 8 clicks at front 10 clicks at Back lowered 35mm, and didn't recognize any changes in comfort.
I was surprised, thought it would be much harder. The GR is my daily it works perfect.
 
I don't know if swiss roads are any better than in other countrys
Top three in the world for road (surface) quality, thereabouts. And considering it's a mountainous country with winter, ice, snow and frost and the other top counties aren't, probably makes them the best in the world...
 
Even on UK motorways, e.g the jittery M25 roads like junctions 9, 11 could be a good testbed for the Ohlins.
 
Back
Top