GR Supra My Supra

Kiwi Greg

Obsessed member
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
263
Reaction score
367
Location
New Zealand
Had this nearly 2 years now, 15000Kms or so, far from stock, took it out for a couple of hour plus drives in the weekend, I'm still in love with it :love::cool:(y)



With over 450 WHP it still will do 7-7.3 litres per 100Kms if driven nicely on a trip , sitting on 9.2 for its life compared to 8.8 for my GRY



Looking forward to the opportunity to expand my GR collection :)
 
I have done heaps to it, some mods more useful than others, intend to keep her long term, amazing car :cool:

When Photobucket starts behaving I will post some pics from the last year or two
 
Last edited:
One of the things I love about the Supra over the GRY is the fact its available in the States so anything you want you can get at a reasonable cost

So its cheap to modify compared to the GRY, no doubt helped by its BMW lineage

Case in point a purchased a full set of medium spec (not the cheapest) one piece discs, with great dust free Ceramic pads for $1010 Kiwi inc freight from the States

Just a full set of endless pads for the GRY was 3/4 of that cost or one aftermarket 2 piece front disc was more than that....

Or an ex USA full valved Boost Logic titanium exhaust which was basically the same price as an ex UK full stainless non valved GRY exhaust

The list goes on & on, some say its the GRY tax, its probably economies of scale as well

I guess the GRC will be similar to the Supra in that regard, here's hoping ;)
 
I'm with you re the US pricing, I'll be giving the hawk HPS 5.0 pads a go on the supra next time after being totally impressed with them on my old 86.
I have a real soft spot for the corolla and can't wait to see what they do to them, I've had two myself a brand new '89 corolla GTi and a AE86 both awsome machines
 
Last edited:
Here it is just chilling for a while ;)



It won't be lonely though :)



At least it has somewhere nice to stay while its being "fixed" ;)



DME out & off to Aussie so I can get my tune back into it, so ssllloooowwwww without it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
These pics make me want to rip the lounge window out and park by the side of the coffee table, the only problem would be my wife and having my apperatus removed with a rusty spoon.
 
These pics make me want to rip the lounge window out and park by the side of the coffee table, the only problem would be my wife and having my apperatus removed with a rusty spoon.
Funny you should say that, I'm seriously considering removing a wall between the garage & bedroom 3 to accommodate 3 GRs not just two...

Can't have one on the road when the next one shows up, it just wouldn't do :)
 
Back
Top