GR86 More cars on the way..

There's 18 for sale on Auto Trader the lowest priced at £32500. For those that are desperate to own one, plenty of nearly new GR86s.
There are certainly cars out there.. there’s a nice grey one round the corner from me at a trader for just over the new RRP with a duck bill spoiler .. 900 miles but I would like to be the first owner ideally
 
Just been for lunch and when we came back to the car there was a GT86 next to us… I said to SWMBO “one of those would be ideal for us”… She laughed and said “you’re nearly 60 not 30”

IF that email comes it’s going to be a fun conversation 👀
 
Just been for lunch and when we came back to the car there was a GT86 next to us… I said to SWMBO “one of those would be ideal for us”… She laughed and said “you’re nearly 60 not 30”

IF that email comes it’s going to be a fun conversation 👀

:ROFLMAO:

I'm a similar age. My wife thinks I'm joking about getting one. I don't expect to get an email, but if I get one, I'm paying the deposit immediately. We can have the conversation after that. Assuming I miss out, I'll be hoping I can get one with just a few miles, for cost price. The way the cost of living is right now, I don't think people will be able to flip these for much profit.
 
:ROFLMAO:

I'm a similar age. My wife thinks I'm joking about getting one. I don't expect to get an email, but if I get one, I'm paying the deposit immediately. We can have the conversation after that. Assuming I miss out, I'll be hoping I can get one with just a few miles, for cost price. The way the cost of living is right now, I don't think people will be able to flip these for much profit.
I’ve got a grey one close to me with the duckbill on a 72 plate.. it’s pretty much the new retail price with the spoiler factored in but I’d be the second owner.. maybe foolish to mess about waiting for an email but I’m going to hold my horses

I’m surprised that the car hasn’t gone by now.. It started at ~£38k
 
Last edited:
If a dealer can’t shift one at £32.5k it does suggest the market is heading in the right direction (for us buyers). Fingers crossed.
 
I think the extra cars coming will mean they will be hard to shift this year.

I have been on the fence for a little while as I just don’t use it. A dealer offered me £33k recently but they’ll aim to sell it for £38-£39k. But I think they’ll be waiting a long time for a buyer at that price.

I was looking for £34,000 - £35,000 but given current market would let it go for £33,500 which I think is reasonable for both myself and a potential buyer as it would be around £35,500 to spec one like mine now.

That being said I am not too worried if I end up keeping it until this time next year as I imagine the prices will be stable by then, maybe even creep up again.
 
Just been for lunch and when we came back to the car there was a GT86 next to us… I said to SWMBO “one of those would be ideal for us”… She laughed and said “you’re nearly 60 not 30”

IF that email comes it’s going to be a fun conversation 👀

I believe you can “identify” as whatever the hell you want in the current era even if it’s the polar opposite of reality so I’m sure shaving a couple of decades off is well within acceptable 👍🏻
 
Just been for lunch and when we came back to the car there was a GT86 next to us… I said to SWMBO “one of those would be ideal for us”… She laughed and said “you’re nearly 60 not 30”

IF that email comes it’s going to be a fun conversation 👀
I am also nearly 60 and female - I have done 2 test drives, the second much longer and definitely sticking with my order. It is a great car to drive, not too big, responsive and I have no issues with the clutch. The dampers also deal really well with the rubbish roads around here. Wit the back seats down. it is also quite practical. 😀
 
How much are each of the extras on yours?

Someone would have to correct me on the ice silver paint but I recall it was around £650-700.

Spoiler and mudguards were £650 fitted by dealer.

Rear sensors were free for me but now chargeable at approx £450?

Private plate and number plates/surround was £500.

Remark exhaust was £450 plus a bit of labour for fitting.
 
Thanks

Someone would have to correct me on the ice silver paint but I recall it was around £650-700.

£645 at the moment

Spoiler and mudguards were £650 fitted by dealer.

The spoiler is standard now, don't know about the mudguards

Rear sensors were free for me but now chargeable at approx £450?

Oh blimey. I thought they were free, had no idea they were now charging.
 
Just been for lunch and when we came back to the car there was a GT86 next to us… I said to SWMBO “one of those would be ideal for us”… She laughed and said “you’re nearly 60 not 30”

IF that email comes it’s going to be a fun conversation 👀
I'm 55 and picked up my car 4 weeks ago! Age is just a number, although I'm sure getting out of it will be more difficult and a lot less graceful as the years advance! SWMBO absolutely loves it!
 
If a dealer can’t shift one at £32.5k it does suggest the market is heading in the right direction (for us buyers). Fingers crossed.
It might be because of the April 23 road tax for the first year. I was offered a place on the waiting list and clocked that the road tax for the first year would be close to £1.5k. So someone else gets my space.
 
Back
Top