GR86 More cars on the way..

I was informed a couple of weeks ago by a reliable contact that their will be at least 1000 GR86's in the UK by the end of 2023 and the waiting listing has approx 3k names on it.

:cry:

I desperately want to buy one, but can't help feel it'll never happen
 
When did you join the waiting list?
A few months ago but I got an email this week asking me if I wanted to join the wait list so they are (I assume) checking that those who are still on the list actually want to buy
 
Check your spam folder also just in case...

I'm checking both every hour. Despite there being zero chance of me receiving an invite so soon.

That's totally normal, right?

For those who did get an invite to buy, what was the time-frame between when the email was received and the deadline to order?
 
I'm checking both every hour. Despite there being zero chance of me receiving an invite so soon.

That's totally normal, right?

For those who did get an invite to buy, what was the time-frame between when the email was received and the deadline to order?
It must be.... I'm doing it too ;-)
 
Have you tried phoning TUK and asking?

Toyota are on a drop dead time frame with UK cars, in 2024 they won’t meet Euro safety stands without a (too costly) remodel.

I’m convinced the cars coming in aren’t just cancelled order, I think the extra capacity is simple market demand in the UK.

Phone them up on the excuse that you want to reassure them of your sincerity to purchase. I’d also ask about the likelihood of being offered a unit since them must have some idea of potential customers v numbers of units available. But that’s me, a bit direct👍
 
If you got the second e-mail to ask if you are still interested, then they may be waiting for people to turn down their order so may just be matter of time.
 
I'm checking both every hour. Despite there being zero chance of me receiving an invite so soon.

That's totally normal, right?

For those who did get an invite to buy, what was the time-frame between when the email was received and the deadline to order?
I think it was 7 working days to place the £1000 deposit. Go on give them a call :)
 
There's 18 for sale on Auto Trader the lowest priced at £32500. For those that are desperate to own one, plenty of nearly new GR86s.
 
Thanks.



To say what? 'Hi, I'm one of the last people on the list, but... hello? Hello?'
Yes, if you don't ask you don't get, sometimes you have to be a bit forward.

Tell them you have the £1k deposit.

Would you be cash buyer or finance?

Put your case to them.
 
Yes, if you don't ask you don't get, sometimes you have to be a bit forward.

Do you know what number I should call?


Tell them you have the £1k deposit.

Would you be cash buyer or finance?

Cash.

But they are quite clear in their 'your questions answered' page, that it's strictly on a first come first served basis:
 
Back
Top