GR86 Lead time for the new batch of cars?

AdamST205

Dedicated member
Joined
Jun 26, 2023
Messages
117
Reaction score
123
Been a bit of a Toyota nut ever since Sega Rally as a kid. In fact I own a 1995 Toyota Celica ST205 which has been with me for over 10 years now. GR Yaris never did it for me as it was too similar to my GT-Four and I missed the first batch of GR86's but have been invited and secured a spot by luck more than anything as I was sifting through my emails and sent the deposit a couple of hours before my cut off! Now I have a chance but need to place my order by the 3rd of July!

I would be looking for a cash purchase with about 50/50 money and loan. Obviously lead time will depend on that split however. Has anyone been informed what they will be looking at? I guess they need to be delivered before the end of the year. Have e-mailed Toyota direct but thought might get a quicker answer here?
 
Ordered fully on 19th June, have been told eta 10th August
 
Ordered 8th June. Welcome call from TOnline said September/October ETA. Although mine is currently on Heritage Leader due at Suez Canal 2nd July.
 
Ordered 8th June. Welcome call from TOnline said September/October ETA. Although mine is currently on Heritage Leader due at Suez Canal 2nd July.
How do you find out what boat your car is on?

Thanks
 
Been a bit of a Toyota nut ever since Sega Rally as a kid. In fact I own a 1995 Toyota Celica ST205 which has been with me for over 10 years now. GR Yaris never did it for me as it was too similar to my GT-Four and I missed the first batch of GR86's but have been invited and secured a spot by luck more than anything as I was sifting through my emails and sent the deposit a couple of hours before my cut off! Now I have a chance but need to place my order by the 3rd of July!

I would be looking for a cash purchase with about 50/50 money and loan. Obviously lead time will depend on that split however. Has anyone been informed what they will be looking at? I guess they need to be delivered before the end of the year. Have e-mailed Toyota direct but thought might get a quicker answer here?
Hi Adam

I intend to do the same as you 50:50. but when it arrives depends on exact split. I was told mid to late Sept and I hope that is the case (few more paydays first :)), but I guess could be earlier.

18/06 My order confirmation
20/06 Build in Progress
24/06 Left the Factory

Nothing since.
 
Hi Adam

I intend to do the same as you 50:50. but when it arrives depends on exact split. I was told mid to late Sept and I hope that is the case (few more paydays first :)), but I guess could be earlier.

18/06 My order confirmation
20/06 Build in Progress
24/06 Left the Factory

Nothing since.
Am in a similar position.

13/6 Order confirmed
14/6 build in progress
23/6 Left factory

Having been assured it would be late Sept earliest (twice) I ordered a 73 plate for it (and sent the cert to Toyota Online), all before the 'left the factory' update - can't track the car from the dev hack on chrome, it no longer shows ETAs - no response from Toyota Online - just hoping I haven't wasted £400 on a plate I won't be able to use.

A true first world problem...
 
Been a bit of a Toyota nut ever since Sega Rally as a kid. In fact I own a 1995 Toyota Celica ST205 which has been with me for over 10 years now. GR Yaris never did it for me as it was too similar to my GT-Four and I missed the first batch of GR86's but have been invited and secured a spot by luck more than anything as I was sifting through my emails and sent the deposit a couple of hours before my cut off! Now I have a chance but need to place my order by the 3rd of July!

I would be looking for a cash purchase with about 50/50 money and loan. Obviously lead time will depend on that split however. Has anyone been informed what they will be looking at? I guess they need to be delivered before the end of the year. Have e-mailed Toyota direct but thought might get a quicker answer here?
All new allocations coming November. I moved my original allocation to the new ones coming. So someone is getting my original order. It's in uk. Arrived last week. Pavement Grey in manual of course
 
All new allocations coming November. I moved my original allocation to the new ones coming. So someone is getting my original order. It's in uk. Arrived last week. Pavement Grey in manual of course

Where did you get this information from? That is good to hear. I have just finalised my order today. The later the better especially as my yearly bonus is paid at the end of October :)
 
All new allocations coming November. I moved my original allocation to the new ones coming. So someone is getting my original order. It's in uk. Arrived last week. Pavement Grey in manual of course
How did you go about changing your allocation as I'm interested in doing the same? I put my order in on Monday as the dealer I test drove at said it'd be late September/October time by the time it arrives which gave time to sell my current car. However I've been allocated a car that was already on route before I ordered. It's currently off the coast of Spain and expected to arrive in Portbury next Wednesday.
 
How did you go about changing your allocation as I'm interested in doing the same? I put my order in on Monday as the dealer I test drove at said it'd be late September/October time by the time it arrives which gave time to sell my current car. However I've been allocated a car that was already on route before I ordered. It's currently off the coast of Spain and expected to arrive in Portbury next Wednesday.
I emailed them. I have had to delay and ideally I wanted the last run anyway
 
Where did you get this information from? That is good to hear. I have just finalised my order today. The later the better especially as my yearly bonus is paid at the end of October :)
Directly from the main man at Toyota GR UK
 
Ordered 13 July, expected 14 November. Stock number but no build slot yet.
 
Ordered 9th of June. Car arrived at the dealership on the 16th August. Delayed collection until this Thursday
 
My gun-metal one was ordered on 30.6 went "order in progress" for around a week showed as "in build" for another week then "left factory" and "in transit" and now in Derbys and arrives at dealer arrives at dealer next week

Was planning ro run it until next summer but now having serious second thoughts on it though and ont sure whether to take delivery and enjoy it over the winter months or just cancel it . Problem with the former is the trade (We Buy Any Car) values indicate I may take a 6-8K hit if I do so
 
Was planning ro run it until next summer but now having serious second thoughts on it though and ont sure whether to take delivery and enjoy it over the winter months or just cancel it . Problem with the former is the trade (We Buy Any Car) values indicate I may take a 6-8K hit if I do so
I wouldn't be using WBAC as a guide.

Generally speaking, if you want a fun car for one year, used and cheaper will take less of a hit, although you'll probably do ok with the 86 because of the rarity.
 
Back
Top