Event Japfest Silverstone 10th April 2022

Maps out now and we are on the hard standing in area 4

I didn't go last year, but looks like trade stands in the National Pits and Paddock areas and we are near to the Woodcote cafe.
Next door to where the Parallel Pomeroy Trophy was based in February, so yes all tarmac and concrete.
 
How are we going to get our cars nice and clean for the stand? :unsure:
 
Fully expecting my car to be dirty, although very much depends on the weather on Saturday/Sunday.
 
I still need to wash the Sahara dust off mine. It'll be grubby again after the drive from Manchester to Milton Keynes though.

Genuine question, is it the sort of thing where presentation matters and some quick detailer and a cloth to clean up the cars on the stands is expected? Or does no one really care :)
 
I still need to wash the Sahara dust off mine. It'll be grubby again after the drive from Manchester to Milton Keynes though.

Genuine question, is it the sort of thing where presentation matters and some quick detailer and a cloth to clean up the cars on the stands is expected? Or does no one really care :)
Some people will be there buffing. Some people do a full on wash when they get there. Others leave theirs filthy. Whatever you do you won't be the only one. Personally I clean it a couple of days before and then stick it in the garage. It will get some muck on it on the way there but I won't be spending time going over it when I get there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MrJ
Some people will be there buffing. Some people do a full on wash when they get there. Others leave theirs filthy. Whatever you do you won't be the only one. Personally I clean it a couple of days before and then stick it in the garage. It will get some muck on it on the way there but I won't be spending time going over it when I get there.
That’s what I like to hear. It’ll get a wash this week, then I’ll add some character on the journey down ☺️
 
Looking forward to this.

My friend Chris & I will be in attendance with our special WRC Rallye editions! :ROFLMAO:

Just need to make sure we arrive before 9am on a Sunday.

Going to clean the car on Saturday and keep my fingers crossed the forecast remains half decent & cars stays clean for the 2 hour drive up from South of London.

Never been to Japfest but looking forward to it and meeting the other 20 cars if everyone turns up (y)!

Cheers,

Damien
 
Just a reminder for those who have ordered a GR-Zoo at Japfest mug - if possible please make the necessary donation to the forum prior to Japfest. (y)
 
I was hoping dirty cars would be acceptable, mine looks closer to black than red at the moment 🤣
Looking forward to it…..
 
Not wanting to turn Japfest into a car boot sale...

I have this Wireless Android Auto Adapter, sealed in the box for £80.

Obviously only works with Android phones and means no connecting your phone by wire for everything to function on the main screen.
I have one in my car, so can be seen working - but once setup you don't need to think about it, the phone just connects.

IMG_20220408_095834302.webp
 
Not wanting to turn Japfest into a car boot sale...

I have this Wireless Android Auto Adapter, sealed in the box for £80.

Obviously only works with Android phones and means no connecting your phone by wire for everything to function on the main screen.
I have one in my car, so can be seen working - but once setup you don't need to think about it, the phone just connects.
I'll take it, been after one of these. Plus I've just donated for the Japfest mug.. cheers!
 
For anyone who is visiting the show and would like to support the forum we will have some GR Zoo stickers and GR Zoo mugs available on the day. (y)
 
Forecast for Silverstone - I'll believe it when I see it. 🌞

silverstone.webp
 
Hi All. Do you know if there is V Power or similar nearby the Hotel or Silverstone?
Is anyone taking fuel with them and how much fuel do you reckon a 20 minute Track Session will use?

I'm a bit worried as I am down in Rainy Cornwall. It's a long drive home.

Cheers
Mike
 
Back
Top