GR Yaris Insurance quotes for my GR Yaris

Bat out of Hell

Totally Hooked
Joined
Feb 17, 2022
Messages
682
Reaction score
959
Location
Bedfordshire
As I've now had confirmation my car is on it's way, the hunt for cheap insurance has began and what a total headache, constantly putting all the same details in each comparison site.
Anyway , I couldn't believe the range of prices coming back. So I'm reaching out to you all to find out what prices you're paying and with which insurance company

Thank you in advance

Mark
 
£311 with Admiral for me & the wife & all mods declared. Many companies were quoting £600+ & my most recent expensive quote was £11.5k 😂

As you will be aware, insurance is a dark art & just because Admiral are decent for me, doesn't mean they will be any good for you.

Lots of people recommend Keith Michael's, Brentacre, Adrian Flux, A-Plan, etc. & for me, they could not beat Admiral on price. Also, be very aware as to who your policy is underwritten by, as many will use Markerstudy, who have a reputation of being really bad to deal with in the event of a claim.

Good luck!
 
Best quote I got for me and the missus was £181 from LV, but am paying £330 with Admiral as that was the best price with my lad (24) also on the policy

Late 50's, multi vehicle household, no points (currently), Gloucestershire.
 
Is anybody able to let me know what category mudflaps come under for modifications? I might just have to ring my choice of insurer before I fit them but having put generic details in on a few some won’t even insure for any modifications. Similarly for PPF on one panel (rear arches). Thanks!
 
It was a serious post! Just in light of previous insurers I’ve had taking issue with winter tyres counting as a modification. But fwiw admiral were fine when I rang them and mudflaps didn’t count as a modification to be notified
 
It was a serious post! Just in light of previous insurers I’ve had taking issue with winter tyres counting as a modification. But fwiw admiral were fine when I rang them and mudflaps didn’t count as a modification to be notified
I specifically asked my insurer, Aviva, about mud flaps before I bought a set.
They do not class it as a modification.
 
Is anybody able to let me know what category mudflaps come under for modifications? I might just have to ring my choice of insurer before I fit them but having put generic details in on a few some won’t even insure for any modifications. Similarly for PPF on one panel (rear arches). Thanks!
Sorry
 
Haha really no worries. This forum is a lot more chilled than others, and conscious it sounds like a silly question for those more experienced with personalising cars.

The previous experience was that I put winter tyres on another car (RAC insured) and phoned to let them know expecting a discount, in fact they said my policy was void if I did that and they wouldn’t insure me at all unless I had stock tyres on. It led to a very last minute panic as I had a 5 hour drive that evening and had to sort new insurance on the spot….along with the extra cost due to the policy starting on that same day. It didn’t even cross my mind to check it with them before the tyre fitter arrived.
 
£235 (£210 first year) with Aviva, renewal was cheaper than price comparison (£320). I think the first few people who got the car in the UK mainly went with Aviva.

Myself, 29 (was 28 on first year) parked on drive, 9,000pa Inc buisness mileage. So I wouldn’t say I tick all the cheap boxes. I live in Shropshire though, which is mainly rural.
 
£185 with Admiral as second car with wife on insurance with 5000 miles a year (on driveway)
 
£400 for me, Warrington area so not great, no ncb because it's on another car. Didn't think that was too bad!
 
As a forum, we might be able to negotiate deals with certain insurance companies. I was involved with a car club and we got a fab deal from Carol Nash ,there are many other insurance companies out there, this is just an example.
I'm all for keeping our forum ad free, but if all members agree and we gain information, discounts on insurance, parts, servicing and much more. Surely we could dip our toes in the water and see if the benefits the forum and it's owners.

I'm more than happy with how our forum is going and a big thumbs up to all who created this forum and their dedication. Having been involved in car clubs for many years I know all the effort and time. they put in.
 
As a forum, we might be able to negotiate deals with certain insurance companies.

If the forum was the size of Pistonheads, perhaps, but I suspect not with a relatively tiny forum like this :-(

Got to say though, considering the value of the cars and the outrageous cost of repairs, the insurance costs quoted on here are pretty reasonable!
 
Just had my renewal, slightly cheaper than last year with a couple more mods to the car and higher mileage allowance. (y)
 
We're lucky, my brothers new Model Y is costing him £1800 to insure. They are citing all the autopilot features as reasons for the high premium.
 
Back
Top