A couple of weeks ago after
Visiting a vintage car mate left his House in a South Brisbane suburb and was tooling along at the 60kph speed limit on a quiet burbs road with a creek nearby and a bit of bush ( trees) long grass on roadside when out of nowhere sprang a sizeable Wallaby . Big and fat and about a metre long . I hit it at about 20 kph and it rolled under the passenger side to emerge very dead behind . I pulled to roadside and found my SS bug shield I’m front of the weak plastic was bent in as far as the intercooler and the grill buggered. ! The SS grill saved the intercooler but the brake air intake was flapping around ! Got home and a better look cursing ! The grill on LHS well broken . Decided to repair grill and reinstall the SS grill and unless you look hard it looks OK .
Quoted 1300$ for new grill ! Which is a big job as comes a complete unit . The new car has separate centre grill ? Does it fit ?? Meanwhile have put some new pops in Undertray and fixed the flappy brake duct .
So can I claim the first wallaby hit to a GR !!
I drove 20k km round the outside of Australia in2022 in four weeks of driving had a near miss to a full size Roo and an Emu and in the middle of a big city in 26 Whammo!
Visiting a vintage car mate left his House in a South Brisbane suburb and was tooling along at the 60kph speed limit on a quiet burbs road with a creek nearby and a bit of bush ( trees) long grass on roadside when out of nowhere sprang a sizeable Wallaby . Big and fat and about a metre long . I hit it at about 20 kph and it rolled under the passenger side to emerge very dead behind . I pulled to roadside and found my SS bug shield I’m front of the weak plastic was bent in as far as the intercooler and the grill buggered. ! The SS grill saved the intercooler but the brake air intake was flapping around ! Got home and a better look cursing ! The grill on LHS well broken . Decided to repair grill and reinstall the SS grill and unless you look hard it looks OK .
Quoted 1300$ for new grill ! Which is a big job as comes a complete unit . The new car has separate centre grill ? Does it fit ?? Meanwhile have put some new pops in Undertray and fixed the flappy brake duct .
So can I claim the first wallaby hit to a GR !!
I drove 20k km round the outside of Australia in2022 in four weeks of driving had a near miss to a full size Roo and an Emu and in the middle of a big city in 26 Whammo!
Last edited:
