JonBon
Obsessed member
Has anyone opted for the Wind Deflectors? Has anyone already had them fitted? I've read on the US forums that they made quite a difference when driving with the windows down.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I have similar concern of OEM deflector. But have a look at this. Sits within the black area. https://www.importimageracing.com/products/noble-dmk-style-rain-guards-2022-brz-gr86I most likely won’t go for these, I don’t like the way they’re just stuck on the car. I guess that’s an issue with frameless windows/doors where the deflector can’t sit in the window channel.
Verus make a set of wind deflectors which fit between the window and quarterlight, which apparently work very well at reducing buffeting. However, they also seem horrendously expensive for what they are. If someone made a plastic version more cheaply, I'd be interested to give them a try.
I gather it might be an issue with only one window down. I tend to drive with both windows down when I am, ahem, driving with intent, and it's not too bad."As you begin tracking your Subaru BRZ or Toyota GR86, you may find a buffeting issue at speeds over 90 MPH like we did"!
I'm not sure wind buffeting is actually an issue on our GR86's at normal road speeds, I guess it depends how fast you like to drive with your windows down. The GR Supra definitely has an issue with it - going over 30mph with both windows down has to be experienced to be believed (I'd go as far as saying it's painful), but there are a few options, like these from Verus, which can fix it.
Someone on the supra forum was also looking for a cheaper option. See if these are any good, try searching hypersonic door guards. Can trimVerus make a set of wind deflectors which fit between the window and quarterlight, which apparently work very well at reducing buffeting. However, they also seem horrendously expensive for what they are. If someone made a plastic version more cheaply, I'd be interested to give them a try.


I've tried something similar to this and it didn't make a massive differenceSomeone on the supra forum was also looking for a cheaper option. See if these are any good, try searching hypersonic door guards. Can trim
length to size.
View attachment 21126View attachment 21127
I've cheapened out and got these. They actually work and look better/stealth in my opinion. You can barely see them.Started looking for wind deflectors, anyone found a decent set yet?
I didn't notice much difference with similar ones.. At what speed do you notice difference?I've cheapened out and got these. They actually work and look better/stealth in my opinion. You can barely see them.
Amazon Cheap Wind Deflectors
Same here - came with the pick-up when new. Only benefit I thought was that you could have the windows open a bit when it rains without getting wet inside. Looked better after I took them off.I've got them fitted on our Pick-Up and have to say they make naff all difference when the window is fully open. Only when the windows are open by about 1 inch (to vent) do they reduce the buffeting noise a little. Stuck onto the paintwork as they are on the GR86, I think these detract from the overall look of the car. It's a no from me.