GR86 Happy one-year anniversary...

Silver Fox

Totally Hooked
Joined
May 7, 2022
Messages
3,626
Reaction score
8,351
...to all of us GR86 buyers who engaged in the frantic ordering process exactly one year ago today!

Congratulations and I hope you are enjoying your cars to those of us who have taken delivery; and best wishes for a smooth, swift, delivery experience for those still waiting.

Recollections welcome. For my own part, I got my order confirmed at 10:17, was initially assured a July 2022 delivery by my dealer, which then became ??? followed by "Spring 2023", and then in December 2022 "your car's here please come and get it" which resulted in a serendipitous birthday collection.
 
Last edited:
It was exactly this time (down to the minute) one year ago that I was sitting at my desk with the Toyota website open, frantically waiting for the order site to go live.
 
Was just about to start a new thread about the same thing! Can't believe it was a year ago, seems like a few months ago not 12! I know I was having a right game trying to get the order completed because it was defaulting to finance and I wanted to put cash as I thought it would have to go through a finance application process and delay my order. Went through eventually about 10.30-40.
 
That day still miffs me off…

09:56 sat waiting…
10:01 link from dealer doesn’t work
10:15 link still doesn’t work

By the time I found the correct area on the Toyota portal it was 10:29, by the time the order was placed in system it was 10:41

So roll on one year, still no car, it‘s in the UK, boat arrived early last week. Speak to Toyota on line and they won’t commit to a dealer ETA other than “sometime in May”.

Had the GR86 not been so highly praised, had the uniqueness of being a owner of a limited run car no been there, I’d have dumped the order and picked up a manual M2 Comp.

The ordering process has been a shower of sh1te from start, and likely to the finish.
 
Last edited:
That day still miffs me off…

09:56 sat waiting…
10:01 link from dealer doesn’t work
10:15 link still doesn’t work

By the time I found the correct area on the Toyota portal it was 10:29, by the time order was placed in system it was 10:41

I only managed to get to the correct, working link because of a post on this forum. I am - and will always be - incredibly grateful to the community here.
 
I only managed to get to the correct, working link because of a post on this forum. I am - and will always be - incredibly grateful to the community here.
Exactly the same for me! Whilst at sea (fisherman) trying to get to my phone at every available chance.. Eventually just got lucky thanks to this forum at 11:20
 
Well I just guessed at the URL - clicked to buy an Aygo then edited the link to 'GR86' and that worked.
It was painfully slow from there and I actually gave up for about 20 minutes before deciding to have another go, struggled with the MyToyota account because I unwittingly already had one but didn't know the password - it was not the smoothest of processes.
Finally got my order confirmed at 11:33.
Feels like a long time ago...
 
After a long long wait of 10+ months, especially 4 months carless, I can safely say I absolutely love this car even though I've only had it just over a month!

Lets take a min to think about our brethren who are yet to receive their car or even a build slot. Hope you get some good news soon, it will all be worth it!
 
Can't believe it's been a year.

On this day key year I was sitting with my laptop and expected to be able to be able to order the car on the Toyota website but 10am came and went and I couldn't find anything.

Luckily someone posted the link on Pistonheads so I managed to get my order in by 10:19. Turns out that Toyota had sent an email with the link but I didn't get it even though I had registered over 6 months before.

I didn't take up my local dealer's offer to sit with them and order it in the showroom. I don't think they trusted me to nominate them when I ordered.

Picked up the car on January 3rd and couldn't be happier.
 
Back
Top